• 16 Nov 2012 at 6:25 PM

McAfee Founder/Fugitive Wanted For Murder Misses TV

CNBC: Why not, if you had nothing to do with this murder, why not turn yourself in? Have a lawyer, you go in with security guys, you can go in with cameras, why not go in and tell them you don’t know about the murder? John McAfee: Because it’s fine to go in with security. It’s fine to go in with cameras. But when I am detained, you are not allowed to go into the jail cell with me. This is where people simply disappear. They choke on their own vomit or hang themselves or are beaten to death by fellow prisoners. If you’ve done any research on Belize and the legal and police system, you will discover disastrous results. CNBC: Do you really think they would kill you? McAfee: Absolutely, I do, sir. CNBC: What have the last five days [in hiding] been like? McAfee: They’ve been okay. I don’t have a lot of freedom of movement. The food is not best. I have no television. I would like a television. [CNBC via BI]

1. Posted by Guest | November 16, 2012 at 9:39 PM

How did you not mention him saying he has played Russian roulette in "not the usual way"

2. Posted by guest | November 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Wow.

3. Posted by Strained Joke | November 17, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Replace "murder" with insider trading, the next few sentences with footnotes about the poor quality of margs in the federal prison system and "TV" with "Bloomberg Terminal," and I could totally see this being Matt's next departure memo.

4. Posted by Lawrence Taylor | November 18, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Which brings me to my next point. Don't smoke crack.

5. Posted by RiskyBusiness | November 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Selling your company for at age 23 then moving to Belize to become a Bath Salts kingpin is the NKI