Just you, PV, a friend you deem worthy to tag along and the open water. You can talk about life, fish, and what banking was like in the fifties. Does that sound like something you’d be interested in? Would you go so far as to call it a dream of yours?

That dream can come true, provided you cough up a sufficient amount of money to outbid everyone else looking for some quality time with the former Fed chairman “at the lovely Balsam Lake Club on the Beaverkill River in the Catskills.” Proceeds from the auction, running now until December 11, will go to The RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights. Travel and accommodations are not provided but the bait and tackle are on Big V!

1. Posted by riverrunsthroughme | November 27, 2012 at 4:11 PM

bet he can't tell a bullywugger from a bluefish plug

2. Posted by CoveredLong | November 27, 2012 at 4:38 PM

The Beaverkill River runs lazily through the Indianslaughter Forest and into the Whalemurder Ocean – one of America's great landscapes.

3. Posted by guest | November 27, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Kill just means creek in Dutch. Everything's named "Kill" up there.

4. Posted by PermaGuestII | November 27, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Beaver Kill River. Nice name.

-Department of Redundancy Department

5. Posted by CoveredLong | November 27, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Good to know, I guess I'll go creek myself now.

6. Posted by broseph | November 27, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Second prize is a ride-along in Bernanke's Prius.

7. Posted by guest | November 27, 2012 at 5:41 PM

tix to a Nats game

8. Posted by Tied Fly | November 27, 2012 at 5:56 PM

The new Volcker rule is anything under ten inches not caught by Volcker has to be tossed back.

9. Posted by Got a light? | November 27, 2012 at 8:17 PM
  10. Posted by Guest | November 27, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Thanks for crushing a dream. I thought fly fishing with Tall Paul was something completely different.

– B. Frank

11. Posted by Ari | November 28, 2012 at 3:41 AM

What if I were to tell you that I had a 22 inch cock?

12. Posted by Wire | November 28, 2012 at 7:20 AM

I'm not one for gay jokes, but that's not bad.

13. Posted by B Iteme | November 28, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Is that you Janet Napolitano?

14. Posted by Dorothea Mains | April 18, 2014 at 3:28 PM

I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I'm not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty. You're amazing!

15. Posted by Debbra Dezzutti | April 18, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else could I get that type of info written in such an ideal manner? I've a project that I'm just now working on, and I have been on the look out for such info top baitcasting reel