News

God Smiles On Rafferty Capital

Noted bank analyst Dick Bove is joining New York-based brokerage firm Rafferty Capital Markets LLC. Bove said Wednesday he will begin publishing research again in about a month…Bove said he moved to Rafferty because the firm doesn’t have an asset management or investment banking branch. “I really wanted to do pure research and nothing else. Rafferty gives me that opportunity,” he said. [WSJ, earlier, earlier]

32 comments

32 Responses to “God Smiles On Rafferty Capital”

1. Guest says:

Rafferty? I'll be honest with you, I love his music. I do. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "Baby Beluga."

2. Guest says:

I knew a man once who said, "Dick smiles at us all." All Rafferty can do is smile back.

3. reospeedwagon916 says:

Translation: This is the best name I could find that would let me work from home.

4. Burger King says:

What did the lure him with, a 10lb bag of Werther's Originals?

Get it? Cause he is an old man and old men like to pop those things in their mouths! Anything?

5. Don Flamenco says:

Why didn't he start his own shop like Whit-Whit? He also had at least one good call.

6. Guest says:

"Rafferty Capital Markets, LLC is a registered broker dealer…RCM has dedicated itself to an unparalleled culture of camaraderie, proficiency and respect."

If those last few words don't describe Dick in a nutshell, I don't know what would.

7. Guest says:

Rafferty is about as relevant to the markets as the 76ers are to the NBA.

8. Lil Caesar says:

These guys? http://www.raffertyspizza.com/

Must be. Doesn't look like they have an asset managment or investment banking division…

Great move, Dick! Congrats.

-UBS Employer Differentiation Quant

9. guest says:

ONIONS!!!!

10. Guest says:

Rafferty? UBS is even better than that place.

-Smugglin plums

11. Guest says:

Hmm… I guess we know the name of his Giraffe now.

12. Guest says:

Someone's in the kitchen with Dina

13. Guest says:

Since the Rafferty job qualifications appear to involve: 1) repeatedly embarassing oneself on TV; 2) a lengthy history of spotty stock calls mirroring that of a monkey throwing darts at a ticker list; and 3) a writing style commensurate with a 6th grade education, I too would like to humbly submit my application for Rafferty bank analyst.

-M. Whitney

14. NakedShort says:

you go girl!

15. VonSloneker says:

Opulence, Rafferty does not has it. Time for me to take the gig at Toys R'Us.

– Mini-Giraffe

16. PermaGuestII says:

I thought Rafferty was an ETF shop…

17. Guest says:

I have the same depressing feeling reading this that I got watching the great Willie Mays finish out his career with the '72-73 Mets.

18. mr Blonde says:

clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right

19. mobile dvr says:

Nice expose! I'm pleased to know about the God Smiles On Rafferty Capital form your submission. Such kind of techno base info can help us to enlarge our knowledge about this running technology world as well. Thanks for this nice allocation and keep it up for us dude…..

20. Writing a good resume is important for any jobseeker, especially those applying for government careers. Make your resume impressive by including your important accomplishments. Be sure to include information about your educational qualifications and training programs you attended in the resume.

21. Handy piece of writing regarding the Rafferty Capital Markets LLC!!!! Just pleased to see your allocation of god smiles on rafferty capital and that is really impressive discussion. Thanks for good head up :lol:
    Interest Rates

22. cv templates says:

That is short article. I see your point, though a lot of "writing service" companies are doing such thing, I don't think that you should say such things about them."!" just go ahead …

Our Sites