• 19 Dec 2012 at 1:05 PM

God Smiles On Rafferty Capital

Noted bank analyst Dick Bove is joining New York-based brokerage firm Rafferty Capital Markets LLC. Bove said Wednesday he will begin publishing research again in about a month…Bove said he moved to Rafferty because the firm doesn’t have an asset management or investment banking branch. “I really wanted to do pure research and nothing else. Rafferty gives me that opportunity,” he said. [WSJ, earlier, earlier]

1. Posted by Guest | December 19, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Rafferty? I'll be honest with you, I love his music. I do. For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "Baby Beluga."

2. Posted by Guest | December 19, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I knew a man once who said, "Dick smiles at us all." All Rafferty can do is smile back.

3. Posted by reospeedwagon916 | December 19, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Translation: This is the best name I could find that would let me work from home.

4. Posted by Burger King | December 19, 2012 at 1:24 PM

What did the lure him with, a 10lb bag of Werther's Originals?

Get it? Cause he is an old man and old men like to pop those things in their mouths! Anything?

5. Posted by nightranger422 | December 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM

You mean "work from a home."

6. Posted by Don Flamenco | December 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Why didn't he start his own shop like Whit-Whit? He also had at least one good call.

7. Posted by Guest | December 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM

"Rafferty Capital Markets, LLC is a registered broker dealer…RCM has dedicated itself to an unparalleled culture of camaraderie, proficiency and respect."

If those last few words don't describe Dick in a nutshell, I don't know what would.

8. Posted by Guest | December 19, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Rafferty is about as relevant to the markets as the 76ers are to the NBA.

9. Posted by The Perm | December 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Hey, fool, I'll be back soon.

10. Posted by Lil Caesar | December 19, 2012 at 1:46 PM

These guys? http://www.raffertyspizza.com/

Must be. Doesn't look like they have an asset managment or investment banking division…

Great move, Dick! Congrats.

-UBS Employer Differentiation Quant

11. Posted by guest | December 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM

ONIONS!!!!

12. Posted by Guest | December 19, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Rafferty? UBS is even better than that place.

-Smugglin plums

13. Posted by Guest | December 19, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Hmm… I guess we know the name of his Giraffe now.

14. Posted by Bovay | December 19, 2012 at 2:26 PM

yes, but they dabbled in investment banking recently.

15. Posted by Guest | December 19, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Someone's in the kitchen with Dina

16. Posted by Incitatus | December 19, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Son, never machine gun your own joke. It'll die on its own.

17. Posted by Old Saw | December 19, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Where are the clients' camaraderie, proficiency and respect?

18. Posted by Guest | December 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Since the Rafferty job qualifications appear to involve: 1) repeatedly embarassing oneself on TV; 2) a lengthy history of spotty stock calls mirroring that of a monkey throwing darts at a ticker list; and 3) a writing style commensurate with a 6th grade education, I too would like to humbly submit my application for Rafferty bank analyst.

-M. Whitney

19. Posted by NakedShort | December 19, 2012 at 3:13 PM

you go girl!

20. Posted by VonSloneker | December 19, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Opulence, Rafferty does not has it. Time for me to take the gig at Toys R'Us.

- Mini-Giraffe

21. Posted by Guest | December 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM

clearly no one here is a basketball fan, Rafferty was drafted by the Sixers out of college but was cut before the season started

22. Posted by Guesticle | December 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM

..with my blow giraffe sex toy.

23. Posted by guest | December 19, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Baker Street was def better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsXjCp_f1h4

24. Posted by PermaGuestII | December 19, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I thought Rafferty was an ETF shop…

25. Posted by Guest | December 19, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I have the same depressing feeling reading this that I got watching the great Willie Mays finish out his career with the '72-73 Mets.

26. Posted by mr Blonde | December 19, 2012 at 4:40 PM

clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right

27. Posted by The market | December 19, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I thought Rafferty was a, oh wait, I have never heard of them and have no idea who they are.

28. Posted by Guest | December 19, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Can I get a fact check here?

- DB Independent Auditor

29. Posted by mobile dvr | February 17, 2013 at 3:53 AM

Nice expose! I'm pleased to know about the God Smiles On Rafferty Capital form your submission. Such kind of techno base info can help us to enlarge our knowledge about this running technology world as well. Thanks for this nice allocation and keep it up for us dude…..

30. Posted by free cv template | April 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Writing a good resume is important for any jobseeker, especially those applying for government careers. Make your resume impressive by including your important accomplishments. Be sure to include information about your educational qualifications and training programs you attended in the resume.

31. Posted by Interest Rates | April 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Handy piece of writing regarding the Rafferty Capital Markets LLC!!!! Just pleased to see your allocation of god smiles on rafferty capital and that is really impressive discussion. Thanks for good head up :lol:
    Interest Rates

32. Posted by cv templates | August 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM

That is short article. I see your point, though a lot of "writing service" companies are doing such thing, I don't think that you should say such things about them."!" just go ahead …