News

Thai Billionaire And His Cockfighting Chickens Have An Understanding

Thai billionaire Dhanin Chearavanont, who started raising hens when he was nine years old, still owns poultry farms as part of his retailing and telecommunication empire. He also raises them for sport. “I never get bored of watching the elegant way they move and their beauty,” Dhanin said during a visit to Chachoengsao province in eastern Thailand in January. Cockfighting “isn’t a game that tortures the animal because chickens can’t be forced to fight. They fight when they want to fight. If they don’t want to fight, they walk away.” [Bloomberg]

25 comments

25 Responses to “Thai Billionaire And His Cockfighting Chickens Have An Understanding”

1. Dom Eneker says:

Does Minetta's have a rooster policy?

2. Guest says:

That looks like a dog with a glove on his head.

-Kramerica Industries

3. Thematist says:

So far today we have stories about cocks and asses. Will this theme continue, possibly with charts / graphs? Inquiring minds want to know!

4. Shecky Denizli says:

Down around the Texas-Louisiana border, there had been a recent rash of illegal cock fighting, with quite a bit of gambling. The director of the Louisiana State Police finally bent to public pressure and sent an investigator to get to the bottom of the problem.

The crack investigator, Boudreaux, took an unmarked cruiser and headed for Mamou. He was gone for two days and arrived back in Baton Rouge to report to the director.

He reported that there were three major groups involved in the illegal cock fighting – AIG quants, JPM risk managers and HSBC executives.

Of course, the boss wanted to know how he surmised this, and he replied that he knew there were AIG quants involved when he saw someone enter a duck into the fight.

He knew that there were JPM risk managers involved when someone bet on the duck.

He then stated that he was absolutely positive that HSBC execs were involved when the duck won!

5. pazzo83 says:

Sorry Dhanin, we aren't stepping foot into that ring until you agree to our pension and compensation terms. Only a 3% increase per annum over the next 5 years? You must be joking.

– cockfighting chickens

6. CoveredLong says:

"Listen to me. Learn from me. I was not the best because I killed quickly. I was the best because the crowd loved me. Win the crowd and you will win your freedom"

-Cocksimo

• Guest says:

"Father to a murdered chick, husband to a murdered hen. And I will have my vengence, in this life or the next."

-Coximus

• CoveredLong says:

"So Coximus, we shall go to Thailand together and have bloody adventures. And the great whore will suckle us until we are fat and happy and can suckle no more. And then, when enough cocks have died, perhaps you will have your freedom"

-Cocksimo

7. Quant me maybe says:

.. "and become chicken pad thai for dinner" he continued

8. Rep. Frank says:

Cockfighting union? Go on…

9. Foghorn Leghorn says:

Yesterday – Wolverines
    Today – Gamecocks
    Seems like DB is leading up to a showdown on January 1 at the Outback Bowl.

10. Guest says:

Challenge accepted!

-Bawney

11. Golbman HR Ho says:

"Goldman Sachs Revamps Analyst Program After Thai Billionaire's Cockfighting Philosophy"

12. M.Pacquiao says:

Right on, chickens. I fight when I wanna fight, too.

13. The other rouge says:

"They fight when they want to fight. If they don’t want to fight, they walk away"

Good description of the Thai Army.

14. Sean says:

I thought people went to Thailand to get cocks removed, not to fight with them.

-One confused PreOp

15. A Dick Handler says:

I did not know Jef had a Thai branch

16. M. Wahlberg says:

Hey, chicken, how's it hanging? A lot of people want to eat you, but I just want to talk to you, okay? We should do a film together. What do you think? Chicken, I'm not joking around. This is the real thing. I mean, this could be huge. Think about it. Say hi to your mother for me, alright?

17. Guest says: