Write-Offs: 12.12.12

$$$ Fed makes new rate pledge as it launches fresh stimulus [Reuters]

$$$ ‘Cliff’ Talks at Standstill: ‘It’s Getting Worse, Not Better’ [CNBC]

$$$ Deutsche Chiefs Under Investigation in Tax Probe [WSJ]

$$$ Biggest Opportunity Will Be Shorting the Bond Market: Dalio [NetNet / John Carney]

$$$ Thoughts on third-century A.D. monetary policy [FTAV / Izabella Kaminska]

$$$ John McAfee is coming home, “also explained that he’d been secretly using a ‘tiny laptop’ and a fake name to keep up with his website while in custody.” [DI]

$$$ PEAK6 Investments is looking for an accounting associate to join its Finance team in Chicago [DBCC]

$$$ Greece’s lenders call bond buyback a success, endorse aid [Reuters]

$$$ Calpers Bankruptcy Strategy Pits Retirees vs. All Others [Bloomberg]

$$$ The Evolution of Super Senior CDS [TF Markets]

$$$ “So how do you celebrate the end of a late-night bankruptcy auction that brought in nearly $257 million for your client, the government-backed battery maker A123 Systems Inc.?” McDonald’s [Bankruptcy Beat]

$$$ Chris Christie: I’m not too fat for the White House [Politico]

Click Here

1. Posted by Ex-President | December 12, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I had the tub in the White House replaced with a bigger model after I got stuck in there. So Chris should fit in just fine.

- Former President Taft

2. Posted by homo_ridiculus | December 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM

After 8 years of being ruled by a lightweight Kenyan Bolshevik, Christie's avoirdupois alone will connote policy heft to an electorate starved for leadership. "All fat is the Lord's." Leviticus 3:16. Go get 'em, Pudge.

3. Posted by Guest | December 13, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I am not fat, I am just big boned.

- Chris^2tie

4. Posted by Quant me maybe | December 13, 2012 at 9:14 AM

If one's weight were inversely proportional to one's ability to govern, then under Obama, we should be at full employment, Congress would get along and we wouldn't be sending our children Afghanistan to die.

5. Posted by Im_a_Dude | December 13, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Must have been some DB reading party last night. its 930 and no Morning Bell…

6. Posted by Lowly Assistant | December 13, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Well, last night was particularly productive. Went to the Dealbreaker Dramatic Reading, got black-out drunk, didn't eat, and lost my cell phone. Guest – if you're out there with my iphone, please let me know. Please, please, please let me know.

XO

7. Posted by Lowly Assistant | December 13, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Also, still drunk. So I have that going for me, which is nice.