Among the many reasons typically cited by hedge fund managers who choose to run their business out of Connecticut instead of New York are: 1. The room to stretch their shit out 2. Proximity to the Long Island Sound 3. Convenience for those already living in the area. Some probably also believe that the Fairfield County is slightly safer than New York City. That you’re not going to get jumped walking out of the office or beaten with a tire iron because you messed with someone’s man or woman. OR WILL YOU?

An unemployed hairdresser accused of knocking out a Darien woman’s teeth with a tire iron in November pleaded not guilty to a felony assault charge Tuesday at state Superior Court in Stamford. Rhiannon Noell Stefanick, 23, of 90 Deerfield Drive, Greenwich, was arraigned on a charge of first-degree assault. Stefanick and her public defender, Barry Butler, elected a jury trial at her hearing before Judge Richard Comerford. Butler declined comment on the case. Stefanick is to return to court Feb. 14…At Stamford Hospital, , she told police that she had gotten several threatening phone calls since she had met a man a week earlier. The woman told police that she believed they were coming from the man’s ex-girlfriend. In a statement that the woman had to type because she could not speak clearly, she said she remembered a woman walking up to her and saying “I told you not to mess with my man.” The next day, the woman was able to pick out Stefanick’s picture.

Greenwich woman charged in tire-iron beating [Greenwich Time]
Related: Morgan Stanley Exec “Accidentally” Stabs Cab Driver After Difference Of Opinion Re: Fare

1. Posted by Guest | January 31, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Bess,

Can we get a "don't stick your dick in crazy" tag? I think we can get a lot of mileage on that one…

2. Posted by Suckjob | January 31, 2013 at 3:22 PM

There's now a woman in Darien that can give the best blowjobs this side pf Florida.

3. Posted by Guest | January 31, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I always knew Mila Kunis's fat older sister had a mean streak in her.

4. Posted by Guest | January 31, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Times have changed. Before the financial crisis hit, they used to beat each other up with Gucci handbags in Greenwich.

5. Posted by Bejujular | January 31, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Dalio's magic forest compound making more and more sense.

6. Posted by Rumble @ Richards | January 31, 2013 at 3:29 PM

More like Birkins

7. Posted by Guest | January 31, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I didn't see it originally, but now I can't unsee it… thanks?

8. Posted by S. Nicks | January 31, 2013 at 3:33 PM

All your life you've never seen a woman
    Taken by the wind
    Would you stay if she promised you heaven?
    Will you ever win?

9. Posted by Mr. Frankenberger | January 31, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Dolly: That may have swayed me.

– Jolene

10. Posted by Lowly Assistant | January 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Merkins?

-Flabbergasted Shorn Man

11. Posted by Inquisitive in HR | January 31, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Can Matt give any thoughts on what round interview for GS this was part of, either for the attacker or the lady typing out a statement because she can't speak clearly?

12. Posted by nnn | January 31, 2013 at 3:58 PM

That's quite a set of eyebrows on the beauty parlor trash.

13. Posted by Guest | January 31, 2013 at 4:09 PM

You're welcome! Now feed me!

-Fatila Kunis

14. Posted by Guest | January 31, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Gerkins?

-Kosher Stork

15. Posted by Guest | January 31, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Man, getting hit with a tire iron really caused a lot of swelling to her face. What? Oh. Oh dear.

16. Posted by Joe and Frank Hardy | January 31, 2013 at 4:17 PM

90 Deerfield Drive looks like a mansion on Google Maps. But she's using a public defender! This is suspicious.

17. Posted by Lowly Assistant | January 31, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Meet me at Zabar's. Crash your cart into my ankles and let your child throw up on my shoes so that I know that it's you.

18. Posted by TheMayor | January 31, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I'd hit it.

-MB

19. Posted by cogg diss | January 31, 2013 at 4:23 PM

4. White people

20. Posted by Christopher Reeve | January 31, 2013 at 4:28 PM

…….Bu……burrr…………….burn

21. Posted by HandiCapital | January 31, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Lights on, as a furry. Good luck with that tire iron.

22. Posted by Guesteeculos | January 31, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Unemployed hair dressers and recovering junkies… does the man at the center of this tug of war drive a Honda Accord and work in Stamford? Standards, just go up a notch or twenty.

23. Posted by S-D- | January 31, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Lemme tell yah about dick in the crazy. Chick in da pic gunna be 23 but she suck the D like she damn 40. Let me finish and say dis. Tell the hoe she can make more dancing. Holla

24. Posted by Guest | January 31, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Crazy in the head crazy in the bed…that's all I'm sayin.

25. Posted by Mrs_Slocombe | January 31, 2013 at 4:44 PM

In speaking with her counsel after the “purported” assault Ms. Stefanick remarked “had she been thinking more clearly at the time, she would have beaten the bitch’s hands so severely she wouldn’t have been able to wipe-her-ass for a month let alone type-out a statement.

26. Posted by PermaGuestII | January 31, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Proof that Greenwich not only possesses railroad tracks, but a neighborhood on the wrong side of them, too.

27. Posted by Guest | January 31, 2013 at 5:49 PM

+1 for the avatar.

28. Posted by Guest | January 31, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Jergens?

– 14 y/o me

29. Posted by Laxbro | January 31, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I met Mila at a concert. No bullshit, she's an SEC 4/10, Ivy 7/10… looks like a 5ft tall troll. Hot would be the last word I'd use to describe her. Cara Delevingne, Erin Heatherton, Candice Swanepoel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mila Kunis

30. Posted by Guest | January 31, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Shut up Meg

31. Posted by broseph | January 31, 2013 at 11:47 PM

With some hair and makeup time she's an 8.

– guy who adjusts the 1-10 scale for "one time events" like getting your mug shot taken

32. Posted by A Guy | February 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM

5. Profit??

33. Posted by Just_looking | February 1, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I do not trust that she gave her real home address. 90 Deerfield is owned by Robert Dustin, a dentist and I believe that he sees patients there. I am not sure if this is a home office or if the building is all dental office, and perhaps this treasure eithere worked there, was a patient there or had some other odd connection, but I do not believe she lived there.

Also, there is a bianca with same last name, Stamford address in in police blotter for no appearance.
    I for one would like some more color on this story.

34. Posted by Southern G | February 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Keeping it real Lax. I'm sure you are right. Hollywood chicks don't eat or workout, and they are smaller in person. PASS. Give me a former SEC women's volleyball player

35. Posted by Eldrick W. | February 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM

What is it with crazy bitches and irons to the face?! I mean…damn.

36. Posted by Guest | February 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM

If the following thought process ever runs through your head, I wouldn't bet that a mug shot will be a "one time event"
    – my ex is seeing someone new
    – ???
    – tire iron
    – PROFIT!!!

37. Posted by Glideroy Lockhart | February 3, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Where is the Barry Butler tag? You're better than that.

38. Posted by Emwinslimshady | January 10, 2014 at 1:03 AM

modern term my nigga just means my brother. if white people cant use this term and are racists when usin it. whos really the racist here? the word rolls, be proud of it and share it.

39. Posted by MJ 4E | January 10, 2014 at 1:06 AM

No-one gives a flying fuck nigga