News

Bonus Watch ’13: Bank Of America

A few details from the House of Moynihan’s IBD bonus communication day, which was said to leave people feeling “glum.”

1st year associates:
Mid-tier: 60k-65k (base: 125k)

2nd year associates:
Mid-tier: 85k (base: 140k)

3rd year associates:
Mid-tier: 115k (base: 160k)

26 comments

26 Responses to “Bonus Watch ’13: Bank Of America”

1. John Thain says:

Don't remember what I had to do to save you? What I had to fail to disclose to keep you fuckers around?

All things considered, you work at Bank of America now, and for Bank of America, those numbers aren't terrible.

2. Guest says:

What's an associate?

3. Guestest says:

Since base pay has gone up, washed up (and out) IBers have a much better landing in the company finance world! Back in the day, they would have left IB into corp strategy role with a 95k base…at leats now its 140-160.

4. ML Performance Unit says:

We got nothing…..man this sucks

5. General Chat says:

And, these are performance based bonuses or actual salaries? Seems very generous for a salary. What does a person working with Bank of America have to do for that money?

6. can't believe says:

how about a VP with bonus less than 50k?

• Guest says:

if/when it happens, that's severance pay dressed up as a bonus. take it and find a different job asap.

7. what to say says:

this must be fake. I don't believe such high numbers.

8. Guest says:

Do investment bankers make more than traders or salesman at banks?

9. chat says:

goods blogs thanksadsasd

10. goods blogs thanksxczxcxz

11. sohbet says:

goods blogs thanksxczczx

12. sohbet says:

sad to hear Aleksey Vayner died. RIP.

13. on't doubt that he suffered as a kid in that high school yard. And I wonder, if he wasn't bullied then, what he had to do to survive then, and the impact that had and who he has come to be because of it. He is a wounded man, and while I find him odious, I am not unmoved by the sadness and pain of his past that his comments today imply.

14. sohbet says:

asdas a kid in that high school yard. And I wonder, if he wasn't bullied then, what he had to do to survive then, and the impact that had and who he has come to be because of it. He is a wounded man, and while I find him odious, I am not unmoved by the sadness and pain of his past that his comments today imply.

15. sohbet says:

officers to investigate Blackstone's fishy financial transactions, but they wound up giving them

16. this must be fake. I don't believe such high numbers.

17. that's severance pay dressed up as a bonus. take it and find a different job asap.

18. They are not paid in the summer and there’s less data available, so we don’t consider them here. If you look at some of the links, there are reported numbers there. Average bonus should be around 100% of base salary for associates.
    if Associates don’t get their numbers til August why did BAML & other report around the January timeframe? I guess I’m confused on the timing…