News

Bonus Watch ’13: Morgan Stanley CEOs

The bad news: James Gorman’s pay fell 30 percent this year. The good news: he’s now in a position to show employees how to take these setbacks like a man, rather than grumbling like someone who puts their compensation in a one-year context to define their overall level of happiness.

Morgan Stanley gave Chairman and Chief Executive Officer James Gorman a compensation package for 2012 that’s 30 percent less than his 2011 award, excluding a new incentive package, a person familiar with the decision said. Gorman, 54, will get stock options valued at $2.6 million, according to a filing today with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. He also will receive a $2.6 million deferred cash bonus in addition to his $800,000 salary, said the person, who asked not to be identified because Gorman’s total pay hasn’t been announced…Gorman is receiving options instead of restricted shares he was awarded for 2011. He’s also getting a new long-term incentive package separate from his year-end pay, which will have a similar structure to the performance shares he was awarded for 2010 and 2011, the person said. Even including the new package, his total compensation will be down from the $10.5 million he received for 2011, the person said.

Morgan Stanley CEO Pay Said to Fall 30% Excluding New Incentive [Bloomberg]
Related: James Gorman To Morgan Stanley Employees: STFU Or GTFO

47 comments

47 Responses to “Bonus Watch ’13: Morgan Stanley CEOs”

1. Men's Pay-House says:

You are gonna like the pay you get.
    I guarantee it.

2. morganvp says:

Hmm give zeros to all your employees, but your overpaid wall street ass tskes a nice nonuscwhile the stock outs still down 60% since you took over. Sounds fair.

3. msvp says:

Bonus. . Not nonus. Damn crappy ms technology

4. Guest says:

So where are comments from UBS MDs?

5. Prior to the enactment of the federal securities laws and the creation of the SEC, there existed so-called Blue Sky laws that were enacted and enforced at the state level and regulated the offering and sale of securities to protect the public from fraud.

6. Junk Removal says:

The most controversial nationalizations, known as expropriations, are those where no compensation, or an amount far below the likely market value of the nationalized assets, is paid. Many nationalizations through expropriation have come after revolutions, in particular Communist-led revolutions.

7. When nationalizing a large business, the cost of compensation is so great that many legal nationalizations have happened when firms of national importance run close to bankruptcy and can be acquired by the government for little or no money.

8. Riyad says:

nothing to say, it just a awesome about nationalizing a large business. It's good to being watched.

9. Exchange funds are created by major investment firms who have undergone a stringent qualification process overseen by the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC).

10. Exchange traded funds is a good investment because of the low costs and tax efficiencies. It is a good investment options because of its stock like features.

11. sohbet says:

goods blogs thankssada

12. chat says:

goods blogs thanksasdasdsa

13. Rdnnis Dgefb says:

Gorman is receiving options instead of restricted shares he was awarded for 2011. He’s also getting a new long-term incentive package separate from his year-end pay, which will have a similar structure to the performance shares he was awarded for 2010 and 2011, the person said. Even including the new package, his total compensation will be down from the $10.5 million he received for 2011, the person said. Rottweiler

14. The technique of marketing involves making the consumer aware that he is getting far more than his money's worth. This is where incentives come in and usually the incentive is in the form of a cash discount or offering more quantity of the product at the same price. Sometimes another product is added free along with the original product.

15. All objectives being achieved with an award program have to be related in order to for participants to understand what must be done. Unrelated goals should be achieved in separate packages to ensure a successful incentive travel plan.

16. Solaranlagen says:

arginal differences in prices are totally ignored by the consumer when you are offering vacation incentive packages. So, your product can have a marginally higher price than the competition and still, the consumer will prefer your product if there is a right kind of incentive attached to it.

17. These types of incentives are also not costly for the company as they are bought in bulk from a tour operator or travel company. Vacations are usually very memorable events and therefore by making a possibly unaffordable luxury affordable, you are likely to have a consumer for life. When planning out your vacation incentive package, ensure it is of good quality.

18. abercrombie says:

the potential employee passes the stringent examinations set by hiring service, only then are the managers asked to get involved and interview only those who are suitably qualified for the job.

19. sur ce site says:

Potential employees only need to register on these sites to be informed of any new job postings and news about their field of interest. You lessen any worries or fears about falling victim to employment scams or at the very least, getting hired by a company that doesn't live up to their part of the bargain.

20. cinsel chat says:

Beatfull thorin albatros siz geriden bizi takip ediceksiniz :)

21. seks sohbet says:

Herşey bittikten sonra kalirmiyim buraa önemli sorgular_?

22. sohbet says:

ortant ways unknowable: you could list what the stuff was, if you had a big enough piece of paper, but it was hard to get a handle on what it wo

23. soliceo says:

The Securities and Exchange Commission requires public companies in the United States to periodically file a variety of financial reports with the SEC.

24. sohbet says:

on't doubt that he suffered as a kid in that high school yard. And I wonder, if he wasn't bullied then, what he had to do to survive then, and the impact that had and who he has come to be because of it. He is a wounded man, and while I find him odious, I am not unmoved by the sadness and pain of his past that his comments today imply.

25. asdasdn, and the impact that had and who he has come to be because of it. He is a wounded man, and while I find him odious, I am not unmoved by the sadness and pain of his past that his comments today imply.

26. Securities and Exchange Commission. He also will receive a $2.6 million deferred cash bonus in addition to his $800,000 salary, said the person, who asked not to be identified because Gorman’s total pay hasn’t been announced…..

27. Johndy Calvi says:

Wearing bib #39, Nyman, fought his way through the fog and held onto the on top spot on the podium with a time of 1:28.82. "Weather was a huge factor as you saw," said Nyman. "When I heard Rok had been fast I said 'the course is fast, the door is open you have to punch it in there'."

28. sohbet says:

officers to investigate Blackstone's fishy financial transactions, but they wound up giving them

29. I think it would be good for all 18 yr old to be required to go to boot camp and do at lease 2yrs give them a sense of pride of the the red white and blue to know the price that was paid for our freedom . Some would join after for long term others would hopefully walk away with a different outlook

30. tracy bowser says:

I think that everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things…

31. Prashant says:

A outstanding internet promotion technique with a outstanding catchphrase could create you buy a item, even if the top quality it`s not very outstanding. Manual Directory Submission

32. Prashant says:

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. SEO packages

33. Prashant says:

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing this great article! That is very interesting Smile I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this!
    pr5 backlink

34. Rigoberto300 says:

Morgan Stanley is eliminating 1,700 jobs this month as Gorman pursues $1.6 billion of annual savings during the next two years. The New York-based firm is deferring all bonuses for employees who have both total pay of more than $350,000 and incentive compensation of at least $50,000, a person briefed on the matter said earlier this month.

35. aditiya says:

Thanks for the amazing content on your blog I am very interested in this article and you have really helped me. suplementos importados baratos

36. essay writer says:

what a great reservations about it however it is very good for us and services available for students online in reliable rates

37. wigs canada says:

i am happy to understand your point of view and CEO post is highly post. Really good stuff. i would like to back here for more reading articles

38. Click here says:

what a idea have to share with us however it is good about it. Thats valuable and Tramonto homes for salé available in reliable price

39. There are seen numerous dissertation writing at this era of up to date information technology. For that reason, there is seen a competition among these services on the issue of quality.

40. web design says:

Thankyou pertaining to giving this specific much better facts. I'd like to express that using our pals upon social networking. You should be revise together with your blog site, my business is regular consumer of this weblog. give thanks once again.

41. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

42. short hair says:

Very useful information detail thanks for sharing in public i hope visitor can understand this post deep info..

43. hairstyles says:

Thank you for giving us more information about this subject. I really appreciated this article and tha way you wrote it. Once again, thank you. it was really usefull to us.

44. janebrendan says:

I think the way you write feels like having so much passion and you have put it in a way that everyone can understand. Must appreciate the great posts you have written here . 3d rendering companies