News

Goldman Sachs Loves Citigroup’s Plan To Fire Everyone

Genius Mike Corbat. GENIUS.

Goldman Sachs told clients to bet on Citigroup shares before fourth-quarter earnings later this month as new Chief Executive Officer Michael Corbat cuts costs and withdraws from some markets. Investors should buy call options on shares in Citigroup before the bank announces its results Jan. 17, Goldman Sachs said today in a note to clients…The New York-based firm also added Citigroup to its “conviction buy list” and said shares could rise to $49 within a year. Corbat, 52, who replaced Vikram Pandit in October, is laying off thousands of workers and pulling out of some countries as he seeks to reduce costs at Citigroup. His plans, announced last month, make the New York-based bank the “best large-cap restructuring story,” Goldman Sachs analysts led by Richard Ramsden said in another note. “Under new CEO Michael Corbat,** we believe Citi is poised to improve returns and increase efficiency,” the analysts wrote.

Buy Citigroup Options Before Earnings, Goldman Sachs Advises [Bloomberg]
**Nevermind that the plan to cut a whole buncha stuff began while Vikram was still CEO. No, no, why should anyone ever want to mention that? No reason to do him any favors. Uncle Vik doesn’t need your charity or pity.

31 comments

31 Responses to “Goldman Sachs Loves Citigroup’s Plan To Fire Everyone”

1. sohbet says:

2. Ahli Kompi says:

what the meaning about The New York-based firm also added Citigroup to its “conviction buy list” and said shares could rise to $49 within a year. ??

3. thank's for this gold mine info, nice share

4. like someone getting fire, I didn't get it

5. what is the corellation between picture and a post of some one who firing other

6. Click here says:

I am impressed by the quality of information on this website. There are a lot of good resources here.

7. Your knowledge of this subject comes through clearly in this article. I love to read this kind of articles, I hope you will update it. I always wait for your updated posts. it is the reason I often visit hereTips Cara Agar Cepat Hamil

8. Your knowledge of this subject comes through clearly in this article. I love to read this kind of articles, I hope you will update it. I always wait for your updated posts. it is the reason I often visit hereTips Cara Agar Cepat Hamil

9. Very good written article. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, as well as me. Keep doing what you are doing – i will definitely read more posts.

10. good body shape, hey is this real?

11. very useful article, I am very happy to visit here

12. citybank in everywhere, you want to know why, click here than see what you got

13. sad for citygroup employee :( kaos bola

murah

14. InfoNewbi says:

Nice PIC, haha…

15. Ahman says:

what is the corellation between picture and a post of some one who firing other. :)

16. Hi, Nice share..
    Hope you visit MY BLOG too

17. Danang says:

Hi, Nice share..
    Hope you visit http://dananxkusuma.blogspot.com/ too.

18. panduari21 says:

telling these little stories, here's a good idea: Have a point. It makes it so much more interesting for the listener. visite my blog to on Harga Ho Oppo n1 2013

19. Its just great stuff all round. Your design, man…too amazing! I cant wait to read what youve got next.

20. kta dbs says: