• 22 Jan 2013 at 4:41 PM

Jamie Dimon (Sort Of) Returns Tom Brady’s Favor

Back in October, the most wonderful aspect of the JPMorgan Whale Tale emerged in the pages of Vanity Fair: the day Vice-Chairman Jimmy Lee barricaded himself in his office determined to come up with a way to help Jamie Dimon, and after hours of thinking real hard, summoned his six secretaries and told them they had a job to do, which was getting Tom Brady on the horn so he could deliver a pep talk sure to cheer up the boss. Was the call kind of awkward, considering the two had never spoken and Brady’s lack of useful investment ideas likely meant his big speech involved not much more than  ”Even Super Bowl champion quarterbacks have bad days” and “Keep your chin up out there?” Probably. And yet some sort of bond was clearly forged, which would explain why Dimon felt compelled to throw Brady this bone:

Dimon said [yesterday during a panel discussion in the German town of Koenigstein] that Tom Brady, the New England Patriots football player who has passed Joe Montana for the most National Football League playoff wins by a quarterback, called to cheer him up after the trading loss. “I owe him a lot,” Dimon said.

“A lot” seems like a bit of a stretch but a nice gesture following Brady’s fourth-consecutive season-ending bed-shitting nevertheless.

Jain Calls With JPMorgan’s Dimon to Allow Banks to Fail [Bloomberg]
Earlier: On One of The Worst Days Of WhaleGate For Jamie Dimon, JPMorgan’s Vice-Chairman Thought It Would Make Him Feel Better To Hear From Another Guy Who’s Sort Of But Not Really Been There

1. Posted by Pinata MothaFuga | January 22, 2013 at 4:55 PM

I still wet the bed

~ J. Shazy

2. Posted by guest | January 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Cool story.

3. Posted by guest | January 22, 2013 at 4:58 PM

"Brady’s fourth-consecutive season-ending bed-shitting nevertheless."

tough but fair.

-Tom Brady

4. Posted by DingALing | January 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Fuck Brady

- Raider Nation 2002

5. Posted by Sandy W | January 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I called Jamie 8 or 10 times to give him a little pep talk. For some reason, I kept getting disconnected.

6. Posted by derp | January 22, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Hey Jamie your'e a banker right? If I give you 25 cents will you give me a quarterback? HAHAH. Please call.

-Woody

7. Posted by Guest | January 22, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Hey Brady, you kick like a girl.

-J Dizzle

8. Posted by Joe Sixpack | January 22, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Jim Plunkett for Treasury Secretary

9. Posted by Ray | January 22, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Laces Out, Dimon…Laces Out

-Finkle

10. Posted by OpportunityCost | January 23, 2013 at 8:50 AM

My downvote was less for saying 'fuck brady' and more for being a raiders fan

11. Posted by chat | February 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM

goods blogs thanksasdasd

12. Posted by sohbet odalari | February 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM

goods blogs thanks

13. Posted by sohbet | February 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM

goods blogs thanksasdas

14. Posted by sohbet | March 24, 2013 at 2:26 AM

we always do a great job with our layoffs.

15. Posted by sohbet odalari | April 26, 2013 at 4:49 AM

oyment to talk to your publish. It is well-articulated, razor-sharp, along with goal. What beneficial instruction you may have learned that you put onto this kind of release. Searching to

16. Posted by sohbet | April 26, 2013 at 4:49 AM

asdsadublish. It is well-articulated, razor-sharp, along with goal. What beneficial instruction you may have learned that you put onto this kind of release. Searching to

17. Posted by kombi servisi | April 29, 2013 at 5:06 AM

Atleast these new doctors are willing to jump through hoops to help you gain trust. it is very important when it comes to any aspect of our children beylikdüzü kombi servisi and our own lives we trust the people caring for us. it totally sucks that you had to be shown and told what you were but take comfort that these doctors are willing to prove to you that they are worth your trust.

18. Posted by webmaster | April 29, 2013 at 5:15 AM

I hope you are seriously pursuing the truth about what the other hospital did. If they removed only healthy tissue and left tumor webmaster forumu behind, and then lied to you, they have committed malpractice and need to be stopped before they harm others.

19. Posted by webmaster forumları | April 29, 2013 at 5:18 AM

The only contact I've had with Children's was demirdöküm kombi servisi when my son fell off the dinosaur in front of the Smithsonian and broke his leg but I was assured by all the locals that it was a really good place to be. You are entitled not to trust, and to be vigilant. A good hospital will recognize your concerns.

20. Posted by webmaster forum | April 29, 2013 at 5:19 AM

I got this web page from vaillant kombi servisi my friend who informed me regarding this web page and at the moment this time I am browsing this web page and reading very informative posts here.

21. Posted by pop radyo | April 29, 2013 at 5:20 AM

My downvote was vaillant kombi servisi less for saying 'fuck brady' and more for being a raiders fan

22. Posted by klima | April 29, 2013 at 5:23 AM

Oh Michelle my heart is baymak kombi servisi breaking for you, but I am praying as hard as I possibly can and spreading the word

23. Posted by radyo dinle | April 29, 2013 at 5:23 AM

Will be posting on twitter and Facebook, for all my friends to pray for you and Tori…. I have fallen in love with your family and will do all I can to support you all… I am so inspired by you and Tori… kombi servisi

24. Posted by webmaster forumu | May 30, 2013 at 4:56 AM

aC’est devenu la mode, klima servisi maintenant, et c’est dégoutant

25. Posted by webmaster forum | May 30, 2013 at 4:58 AM

On peut penser qu’il y a assez de forts en maths à la NASA pour klima servisi trouver

26. Posted by webmaster | May 30, 2013 at 4:58 AM

and our own lives we trust the people caring for us .eca kombi servisi . it totally sucks that you had to be shown and told what you were but take comfort that these doctors are willing to prove to you that they are worth your trust

27. Posted by webmaster forumlari | May 30, 2013 at 5:00 AM

At SoFi, we feel your pain demirdöküm kombi servisi and work hard to offer more flexible, more affordable options for our borrowers.

28. Posted by klima servisi | May 30, 2013 at 5:02 AM

Higher Education, the American Banker among others, also arçelik klima servisi found themselves reporting on how SoFi is “using social communities and offering refinancing of student loans.

29. Posted by sohbet | July 8, 2013 at 8:57 PM

officers to investigate Blackstone's fishy financial transactions, but they wound up giving them

30. Posted by klima servis | August 17, 2013 at 3:45 AM

Higher Education, the American Banker among others, also vestel klima servisi found themselves reporting on how SoFi is “using social communities and offering refinancing of student loans.vaillant kombi servisi