News

Jamie Dimon (Sort Of) Returns Tom Brady’s Favor

Back in October, the most wonderful aspect of the JPMorgan Whale Tale emerged in the pages of Vanity Fair: the day Vice-Chairman Jimmy Lee barricaded himself in his office determined to come up with a way to help Jamie Dimon, and after hours of thinking real hard, summoned his six secretaries and told them they had a job to do, which was getting Tom Brady on the horn so he could deliver a pep talk sure to cheer up the boss. Was the call kind of awkward, considering the two had never spoken and Brady’s lack of useful investment ideas likely meant his big speech involved not much more than  “Even Super Bowl champion quarterbacks have bad days” and “Keep your chin up out there?” Probably. And yet some sort of bond was clearly forged, which would explain why Dimon felt compelled to throw Brady this bone:

Dimon said [yesterday during a panel discussion in the German town of Koenigstein] that Tom Brady, the New England Patriots football player who has passed Joe Montana for the most National Football League playoff wins by a quarterback, called to cheer him up after the trading loss. “I owe him a lot,” Dimon said.

“A lot” seems like a bit of a stretch but a nice gesture following Brady’s fourth-consecutive season-ending bed-shitting nevertheless.

Jain Calls With JPMorgan’s Dimon to Allow Banks to Fail [Bloomberg]
Earlier: On One of The Worst Days Of WhaleGate For Jamie Dimon, JPMorgan’s Vice-Chairman Thought It Would Make Him Feel Better To Hear From Another Guy Who’s Sort Of But Not Really Been There

30 comments

30 Responses to “Jamie Dimon (Sort Of) Returns Tom Brady’s Favor”

1. Pinata MothaFuga says:

I still wet the bed

~ J. Shazy

2. guest says:

"Brady’s fourth-consecutive season-ending bed-shitting nevertheless."

tough but fair.

-Tom Brady

3. DingALing says:

Fuck Brady

– Raider Nation 2002

4. Sandy W says:

I called Jamie 8 or 10 times to give him a little pep talk. For some reason, I kept getting disconnected.

5. derp says:

Hey Jamie your'e a banker right? If I give you 25 cents will you give me a quarterback? HAHAH. Please call.

-Woody

6. Guest says:

Hey Brady, you kick like a girl.

-J Dizzle

7. Ray says:

Laces Out, Dimon…Laces Out

-Finkle

8. chat says:

goods blogs thanksasdasd

9. sohbet says:

goods blogs thanksasdas

10. sohbet says:

we always do a great job with our layoffs.

11. oyment to talk to your publish. It is well-articulated, razor-sharp, along with goal. What beneficial instruction you may have learned that you put onto this kind of release. Searching to

12. sohbet says:

asdsadublish. It is well-articulated, razor-sharp, along with goal. What beneficial instruction you may have learned that you put onto this kind of release. Searching to

13. Atleast these new doctors are willing to jump through hoops to help you gain trust. it is very important when it comes to any aspect of our children beylikdüzü kombi servisi and our own lives we trust the people caring for us. it totally sucks that you had to be shown and told what you were but take comfort that these doctors are willing to prove to you that they are worth your trust.

14. webmaster says:

I hope you are seriously pursuing the truth about what the other hospital did. If they removed only healthy tissue and left tumor webmaster forumu behind, and then lied to you, they have committed malpractice and need to be stopped before they harm others.

15. The only contact I've had with Children's was demirdöküm kombi servisi when my son fell off the dinosaur in front of the Smithsonian and broke his leg but I was assured by all the locals that it was a really good place to be. You are entitled not to trust, and to be vigilant. A good hospital will recognize your concerns.

16. I got this web page from vaillant kombi servisi my friend who informed me regarding this web page and at the moment this time I am browsing this web page and reading very informative posts here.

17. pop radyo says:

My downvote was vaillant kombi servisi less for saying 'fuck brady' and more for being a raiders fan

18. klima says:

Oh Michelle my heart is baymak kombi servisi breaking for you, but I am praying as hard as I possibly can and spreading the word

19. radyo dinle says:

Will be posting on twitter and Facebook, for all my friends to pray for you and Tori…. I have fallen in love with your family and will do all I can to support you all… I am so inspired by you and Tori… kombi servisi

20. aC’est devenu la mode, klima servisi maintenant, et c’est dégoutant

21. On peut penser qu’il y a assez de forts en maths à la NASA pour klima servisi trouver

22. webmaster says:

and our own lives we trust the people caring for us .eca kombi servisi . it totally sucks that you had to be shown and told what you were but take comfort that these doctors are willing to prove to you that they are worth your trust

23. At SoFi, we feel your pain demirdöküm kombi servisi and work hard to offer more flexible, more affordable options for our borrowers.

24. Higher Education, the American Banker among others, also arçelik klima servisi found themselves reporting on how SoFi is “using social communities and offering refinancing of student loans.

25. sohbet says:

officers to investigate Blackstone's fishy financial transactions, but they wound up giving them

26. klima servis says:

Higher Education, the American Banker among others, also vestel klima servisi found themselves reporting on how SoFi is “using social communities and offering refinancing of student loans.vaillant kombi servisi

Our Sites