• 01 Feb 2013 at 12:32 PM

Bonus Watch ’13: Deutsche Bank

The good news: there will still be bonuses this year, which is something. The even better news, for the tantric bonus fans among us: it’ll be a while before you see it all.

Deutsche Bank plans to tell employees it will impose a 300,000-euro ($409,000) cap on bonuses paying out this year, said three people with knowledge of the discussions. The cap, which will apply across the company, may be relayed to employees next week, said the people, asking not to be identified because the plans are private. Senior staff, or what the bank calls “regulated” employees, will receive as much as 150,000 euros in cash, with the balance available in shares in August, the people said…The bank had a cap on immediate payouts of 200,000 euros last year, people familiar with the matter said.

Deutsche Bank Said to Limit Immediate Bonuses to $409,000 [Bloomberg]

9 comments (hidden for your protection)

1. Posted by guest | February 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Sign me up!

-Sting

2. Posted by Guest | February 1, 2013 at 1:03 PM

If the report is accurate and the entire balance of the bonus comes in August (i.e. 6 months from now), DB bankers should be ecstatic. Vesting period almost everywhere else for non-cash comp is 3-5 years.

3. Posted by guest | February 1, 2013 at 1:05 PM

But not everywhere puts a cap on cash.

4. Posted by The Crifs | February 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I'll put a cap in yo ass if you keep throwin me shade

5. Posted by guest | February 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM

"Deutsche Bank plans to tell employees it will impose a 300,000-euro ($409,000) cap on bonuses paying out this year…"

Come to work for us – no caps on how much you make! There is no question as to whether or not you'll become a millionaire working here. The only question is how many times over.

-JT Marlin recruiter

6. Posted by Guest | February 1, 2013 at 1:22 PM

True but the firms that do impose it closer to 100k, not 400k ($US). I don't know what DB base salaries are, but I'd bet that cap hits almost no one at or below the VP level.

7. Posted by That Guy | February 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Weddings Crashers was awesome

8. Posted by DukeLax4Ever | February 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I can't find your website…where can I send my resume?

9. Posted by Lowly Assistant | February 1, 2013 at 5:31 PM

IT WAS A FUCKING EGRET, YOU STUPID BITCH.