News

Housekeeping: Foreign Correspondents

Do you live in London or Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore or another Asian financial capital? Do you want to write about the financial industry there, for Dealbreaker? Great news! We are looking for correspondents in both regions. If this sounds like something that might be interesting to you, send us an email describing who you are, what you’d like to write about, and why you’d be good at it.

22 comments

22 Responses to “Housekeeping: Foreign Correspondents”

1. Guest says:

How about Chinatown ?

2. Chuck says:

Correspondents? More like Borrespondents!

3. What was that says:

Let's get Shazar on the next flight to Saigon. Give him nothing but a 1985 Springsteen concert t-shirt, a pair of acid wash jeans, and a passport. Will see how good he is then.

4. gfgf says:

sigh

– paris quant

5. Guest says:

I rove Dearbleaker!

6. Joseph Conrad says:

“As we moved down the river I pondered my recent few weeks of employment as a writer with Dealbreaker – Asia. And suddenly from right to left along the lighted shore moved a wild and gorgeous apparition of a woman. She walked with measured steps, draped in striped and fringed cloths, treading the earth proudly, with a slight jingle and flash of barbarous ornaments. She carried her head high; her hair was done in the shape of a helmet; she had brass leggings to the knee, brass wire gauntlets to the elbow, a crimson spot on her tawny cheek, innumerable necklaces of glass beads on her neck; bizarre things, a miniature SAC Zamboni, charms, gifts of witchmen and Cliff Assness, that hung about her, glittered and trembled at every step. She must have had the value of several elephant tusks upon her. She was savage and superb, wild-eyed and magnificent; there was something ominous and stately in her deliberate progress. And in the hush that had fallen suddenly upon the whole sorrowful land, the immense wilderness, the colossal body of the fecund and mysterious life seemed to look at her, pensive, as though it had been looking at the image of its own tenebrous and passionate soul.

Her face had a tragic and fierce aspect of wild sorrow and of dumb pain mingled with the fear of some struggling, halt-shaped resolve. I remembered it from the "Dramatic Readings Night". She stood looking at us without a stir, and like the wilderness itself, with an air of brooding over an inscoutable purpose. A whole minute passed, and then she made a step forward. There was a low jingle, a glint of yellow metal, a sway of fringed draperies, and she stopped as if her heart had failed her. She looked at us all as if her life had depended upon the unswerving steadiness of her glance as she tightly gripped a piece of paper. Then she asked, "Can you explain this fucking $12,000 tab at Beamer's Singapore??”

7. Rudyard Kipling says:

The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it.

8. guest says:

An Asian housekeeper…how original…

9. UBS Stamford says:

I live share a tiny room with 4 other people, live on a diet of ramen and what I can forage in the wild and beg for money for fuel for my aging subcompact automobile so I can drive to the oppressive, large, cavernous sweatshop where I slave away for hours churning out low quality product that discerning consumers reject out of hand, do I qualify?

10. Mexi_Cant says:

Hola!

11. Wage Slave says:

How much you pay?

12. Pick me! says:

Now see the Army, they like to call this area Asia. But I like to call it; Freaky Deaky Sex World…

-Leon Phelps

13. Bosses says:

Oh man I wonder how many replies they got on this. Thousands probably. Seems kind of silly to post such a thing in a public forum.

Our Sites