Mike Mayo: I think what I hear UBS saying in their presentation is, if I’m an affluent customer, I’ll feel a lot better going to UBS if they have a 13 percent capital ratio than another big bank with a 10 percent ratio, do you agree with that or disagree? Jamie Dimon: So you would go to UBS and not JPMorgan? Mike Mayo: I didn’t say that, that’s their argument. Jamie Dimon: That’s why I’m richer than you. [BloombergTV]

1. Posted by guest | February 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Not the biggest Mike mayo fan but Jd sounds like a douchy middle markets trader with that comment.

2. Posted by Guests guest | February 26, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Mushroom stamp mayo

3. Posted by hamburglar | February 26, 2013 at 7:43 PM

First prize, an El Dorado. Secnod prize, a set of steak knives. Third prize, you're fucken fired!

4. Posted by mr_blonde | February 26, 2013 at 7:43 PM

"I can go out there tonight, the materials you got, make myself $15,000! Tonight! In two hours! Can you?" – James Glengarry Dimon

5. Posted by starvin' like marvin | February 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

good for you, JD, but where are the customers yachts?

6. Posted by theShizznitt | February 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM

To hell with UBS or JPM, I'm going with John Thomas Financial.

7. Posted by JD & ML For Life | February 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Also Mike, with that kind of analysis you might want to look into a gig as a Bloomberg editor.

-J. Dimon, CEO, JPMorgan Chase; Team Treasurer, Team Levine

8. Posted by Ina | February 26, 2013 at 8:27 PM

How the hell did Dimon keep his job anyway?

9. Posted by Pound Ridge Reader | February 26, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Not getting rightfully blamed for losing a few billion dollars (one of the few things Matt and Bloomberg can kind of agree on this days).

10. Posted by yO gurl Maxeen | February 26, 2013 at 9:34 PM

hoo be dat boy's CEO?!@?!?!?!?!?!?!?

11. Posted by Mike Milken | February 26, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Shazar: If I'm a Dealbreaker reader, and I'm looking for light reading with a charming sprinkle of typos and irrelevant news, maybe I'll reach for one of my articles over Matt's
    Bess: So you're saying people would rather read your drivel than Matt's substantive interesting writing with real facts and insights?
    Shazar: I'm not saying that they would, that's my argument
    Bess: That's why Matt's richer than you

12. Posted by asianbankingsensation | February 26, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Yeah…I wouldn't trust UBS with my spring rolls

13. Posted by UBS Sucks Guy | February 27, 2013 at 3:56 AM

Working you way back to -92p

14. Posted by Guest | February 27, 2013 at 5:08 AM

This is not without precedent. Mayo simply got Pandited.

Messrs. Geithner and Dimon led off with some brief remarks, noting that J.P. Morgan would be guaranteeing Bear Stearns’s debts and that if the pact hadn’t come together, the market impact may have been catastrophic. During the question-and-answer session, Citigroup Inc.’s new CEO, Vikram Pandit, spoke up.
    Mr. Pandit — who did not initially identify himself — asked a shrewd but technical question: How would the deal affect the risk to Bear Stearns’s trading partners on certain long-term contracts?
    The query irked Mr. Dimon. “Who is this?” he snapped. Mr. Pandit identified himself as “Vikram.” Offended that Mr. Pandit was taking up time with what he considered granular inquiries, Mr. Dimon shot back, “Stop being such a jerk.” He added that Citigroup “should thank us” for staving off further mayhem on Wall Street.

15. Posted by Chic b | February 27, 2013 at 5:19 AM

JD is losing it if he has to resort to those kind of comments. It's just as funny as doing God's work. Time to step down and put your brother in charge so we have something just as nice to look at.

16. Posted by PermaGuestII | February 27, 2013 at 8:19 AM

…and this is why people hate our industry.

17. Posted by J. Dimon | February 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I don't drive myself, and I wouldn't be caught dead in an $80,000 car.

18. Posted by Choadsworth | February 27, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I'm sure the thousands of employees that you are about to let go will be glad to know how rich you are…

19. Posted by @agentbillo | March 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Who's driving the $80k BMW in that headline? JD or MM? Cause it seems like JD would not drive an econobox like that, if he drives himself at all.

20. Posted by masini si jocuri | March 11, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Hyundai Motor Co plan to start selling its very first battery-powered electrical car (EV) in 2016 because South Korea's champ of fuel-cell autos hedges its bets in next-generation environmentally friendly technological know-how. Hyundai has leant towards engines which transform hydrogen into electrical energy due to stricter pollution levels regulations in areas like the United States. Analysis and advancement partner Kia Motors Corp has involved in rechargeable batteries. However the sector of effort is blurring at any given time whenever the quantity of battery-powered EVs is rising. BMW's i3 and Nissan Motor Co Ltd's Leaf are widely likely to reach Korea this year – as are going to Kia's Soul EV. "There is not any very clear course concerning which earth-friendly automobiles will get. We are now isolating specific roles of Hyundai and Kia, with Hyundai introducing energy cell cars and also Kia specializing in electric autos," Senior Vice Managing director Lee Ki-sang advised reporters on Tuesday.