Jamie Dimon Reminds Mike Mayo He Drove To Work In An Eighty Thousand Dollar BMW

Mike Mayo: I think what I hear UBS saying in their presentation is, if I’m an affluent customer, I’ll feel a lot better going to UBS if they have a 13 percent capital ratio than another big bank with a 10 percent ratio, do you agree with that or disagree? Jamie Dimon: So you would go to UBS and not JPMorgan? Mike Mayo: I didn’t say that, that’s their argument. Jamie Dimon: That’s why I’m richer than you. [BloombergTV]

20 Responses to “Jamie Dimon Reminds Mike Mayo He Drove To Work In An Eighty Thousand Dollar BMW”

1. guest says:

Not the biggest Mike mayo fan but Jd sounds like a douchy middle markets trader with that comment.

• Chic b says:

JD is losing it if he has to resort to those kind of comments. It's just as funny as doing God's work. Time to step down and put your brother in charge so we have something just as nice to look at.

2. Guests guest says:

Mushroom stamp mayo

3. hamburglar says:

First prize, an El Dorado. Secnod prize, a set of steak knives. Third prize, you're fucken fired!

4. mr_blonde says:

"I can go out there tonight, the materials you got, make myself $15,000! Tonight! In two hours! Can you?" – James Glengarry Dimon

5. starvin' like marvin says:

good for you, JD, but where are the customers yachts?

6. theShizznitt says:

To hell with UBS or JPM, I'm going with John Thomas Financial.

7. JD & ML For Life says:

Also Mike, with that kind of analysis you might want to look into a gig as a Bloomberg editor.

-J. Dimon, CEO, JPMorgan Chase; Team Treasurer, Team Levine

8. Ina says:

How the hell did Dimon keep his job anyway?

• Pound Ridge Reader says:

Not getting rightfully blamed for losing a few billion dollars (one of the few things Matt and Bloomberg can kind of agree on this days).

9. Mike Milken says:

Shazar: If I'm a Dealbreaker reader, and I'm looking for light reading with a charming sprinkle of typos and irrelevant news, maybe I'll reach for one of my articles over Matt's
    Bess: So you're saying people would rather read your drivel than Matt's substantive interesting writing with real facts and insights?
    Shazar: I'm not saying that they would, that's my argument
    Bess: That's why Matt's richer than you

10. asianbankingsensation says:

Yeah…I wouldn't trust UBS with my spring rolls

11. Guest says:

This is not without precedent. Mayo simply got Pandited.

Messrs. Geithner and Dimon led off with some brief remarks, noting that J.P. Morgan would be guaranteeing Bear Stearns’s debts and that if the pact hadn’t come together, the market impact may have been catastrophic. During the question-and-answer session, Citigroup Inc.’s new CEO, Vikram Pandit, spoke up.
    Mr. Pandit — who did not initially identify himself — asked a shrewd but technical question: How would the deal affect the risk to Bear Stearns’s trading partners on certain long-term contracts?
    The query irked Mr. Dimon. “Who is this?” he snapped. Mr. Pandit identified himself as “Vikram.” Offended that Mr. Pandit was taking up time with what he considered granular inquiries, Mr. Dimon shot back, “Stop being such a jerk.” He added that Citigroup “should thank us” for staving off further mayhem on Wall Street.

12. PermaGuestII says:

…and this is why people hate our industry.

13. J. Dimon says:

I don't drive myself, and I wouldn't be caught dead in an $80,000 car.

14. Choadsworth says:

I'm sure the thousands of employees that you are about to let go will be glad to know how rich you are…

15. @agentbillo says:

Who's driving the $80k BMW in that headline? JD or MM? Cause it seems like JD would not drive an econobox like that, if he drives himself at all.

16. Hyundai Motor Co plan to start selling its very first battery-powered electrical car (EV) in 2016 because South Korea's champ of fuel-cell autos hedges its bets in next-generation environmentally friendly technological know-how. Hyundai has leant towards engines which transform hydrogen into electrical energy due to stricter pollution levels regulations in areas like the United States. Analysis and advancement partner Kia Motors Corp has involved in rechargeable batteries. However the sector of effort is blurring at any given time whenever the quantity of battery-powered EVs is rising. BMW's i3 and Nissan Motor Co Ltd's Leaf are widely likely to reach Korea this year – as are going to Kia's Soul EV. "There is not any very clear course concerning which earth-friendly automobiles will get. We are now isolating specific roles of Hyundai and Kia, with Hyundai introducing energy cell cars and also Kia specializing in electric autos," Senior Vice Managing director Lee Ki-sang advised reporters on Tuesday.