Write-Offs: 02.15.13

$$$ S.E.C. Acts on Suspicious Heinz Trading [DealBook]

$$$ Facebook says target of sophisticated hacking attack [Reuters]

$$$ Gleacher Won’t Explore Merger for Now [WSJ]

$$$ Berlusconi defends need for bribery [FT]

$$$ “My grandkids always beat me at Rock Band. And I say, Listen, you may beat me at Rock Band, but I made the original records, so shut up.” - Paul McCartney [Arts Beat]

$$$ A multi-strategy hedge fund is looking for an FX quant/strategist in NY, Chicago or London [DBCC]

$$$ Warren Buffett might buy some other companies, or he might not [Bloomberg]

$$$ Warren Buffett’s Kind of Deal [DealBook]

$$$ Dealpolitik: Heinz Deal Introduces a New Twist on Reverse Breakup Fees [Deal Journal]

$$$ Could Dodd-Frank be unconstitutional? No? [Wonkblog]

$$$ San Diego shocked by ex-mayor’s BILLION-dollar gambling losses [AP]

Click Here
13 comments (hidden for your protection)

1. Posted by guest | February 15, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Can't wait for the disclosure on who the suspicious heinz options investors were. That's gonna be a good one.

2. Posted by Bugs | February 15, 2013 at 7:01 PM

They're in a pickle all right.

3. Posted by Matt L d/b/a Shaggy | February 16, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Wasn't me.

4. Posted by Guest | February 17, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Bribery > Insider trading > Selling lemonade without a permit

5. Posted by Saucier | February 17, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I heard the SEC has enough evidence to bring 57 charges of insider trading.

6. Posted by Fat Shazzo | February 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Someone get off their ass and get me an opening bell for crying out loud! Fuck, I could smack a baby on a plan right about now.

7. Posted by Akon | February 18, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Wish we never hired Shaz right now, na na, we need an opening bell right now, na na

8. Posted by Look at that! | February 18, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Bank holiday. Thus, the fashionista interns who have been running opening bell of late don't have to mess with financial news and can watch fashion shows in London.

-Guy who checks fashionista from time to time in case there's some tastefully presented, fashion nudity.

9. Posted by Shia la Boeuf | February 18, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I just turned $100 into $500,000 in the markets today.

10. Posted by Guest | February 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM

No opening bell. Killing the time by tweeting about the hacked @BurgerKing twitter account instead. sigh.

- the Millennials

11. Posted by Guest | February 18, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Fashinista interns are str8^ bitches

12. Posted by Timmy Sykes | February 18, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Wanna hang out sometime?

13. Posted by Sarah Bernett | February 18, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I'm looking for a PM, looks like you're right in my sweet spot.