“Could you imagine giving up all this? Of course not. The combination of this being who I am and what I do and having absolutely no other interests makes me think I want to be doing this for a while,” Blankfein, 58, told Stephanie Ruhle on Bloomberg Television today from the sidelines of Goldman Sachs’s technology conference in San Francisco. [Bloomberg]

1. Posted by Guest | February 12, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I'm sure his wife and kids appreciated that.

2. Posted by Guest | February 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM

"Could you imagine giving up all this? Of course not. The combination of this being who I am and what I do and having absolutely no other interests makes me think I want to be doing this for a while." — Dick Fuld, 2007

3. Posted by guests | February 12, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Bess, don't you ever leave us. Ever.

Ever.

4. Posted by Anon High Bridge Guy | February 12, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Haha, but seriously the importance, outside interests, a decent work/life balance and maintaining one's health through stress relieving all natural herbal supplements really can't be overstated.

5. Posted by Tseug | February 13, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Sycophantic, but fair.

6. Posted by guest | February 14, 2013 at 11:52 AM

This is all about marginal utility. What he gets to take home (the pay) vs. what he puts into it (the required effort).

7. Posted by BROner Sandwich | February 14, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Matt, don't leave us (with out any charts). Ever.

8. Posted by Fewdollarsmore | March 1, 2013 at 5:11 PM

“I want to spend most of my time leaning forward, .." He wants to watch MSNBC?