News

Brian T. Moynihan, who endured record losses and public thrashings while cleaning up Bank of America Corp.’s mortgage mess, said he wouldn’t mind being chief executive officer of the lender forever. “It’s the best job there is,” Moynihan said yesterday in an interview scheduled for public television’s “Charlie Rose” program. “While there have been times when you sit there and say, ‘Jeez, this is a lot of pounding,’ you always keep your eye on the purpose you’re here. And that’s to help people with their financial lives — if you really keep focused on that, I could do this the rest of my life.” [Bloomberg]

25 comments

25 Responses to “Minus The Daily Ass-Kickings, Running BofA Is The Best Job Ever, Says Brian Moynihan”

1. Women of BofA says:

Yeah we're tired of being pounded by mr limp dick, too. I think he fucking needs sensitivity training.

2. Fewdollarsmore says:

'You always keep your eye on the purpose you’re here'…and on your back.
    – Vikram Pandit

3. Put_Option says:

He says this after BofA enforces a new compensation policy that the CEO of the company cannot sell his shares until a year after his retirement….

4. Sisyphus says:

Wrong, Brian … my job is better.

5. guest says:

Until he got to the part about helping people with their financial lives I thought this was a quote from one of Gundlach's favorite actors.

6. Turnip Truck says:

"“While there have been times when you sit there and say, ‘Jeez, this is a lot of pounding,’ you always keep your eye on the purpose you’re here. "

–the girls at that "classy" floating strip club with the ziti

7. Deleveraging says:

"It's the best job there is". For a guy that entered banking in the mid 90's, you've been lucky and had other assholes to blame. I wouldn't get comfortable, at 53 and assuming a normal retirement age; you have at least 2 more crisis to deal with going forward.

– Guy who was around for 1980s commercial real estate collapse & LatAm Debt crisis; not to mention 90's S&L Bust.

8. PermaGuestII says:

For fuck's sake Moynihan, we're trying to convince people that Rugby does *not* cause brain damage.

9. Guest says:

I'd like to hear what Dick Bove thinks about this.

10. Spinner says:

Hey Brian, what's your porpoise?

11. Ken Lewis says:

I ran that bank better Brian…I had the best job in the world

12. Sherbawerbleconana says:

Im late to the mumbles moniker as Ive never heard the guy speak extensively before. I couldn't help but notice he has the same nervous tic that Tim Geitner has of bleeding together words in an incomprehensible hodgepodge and then trailing off a sentence in an awkward arc of mumbling.

13. broseph says:

Why, in every photograph, does Moynihan look like he is about to have an attack of Irritable Bowel Syndrome in the middle of a business meeting?