Brian T. Moynihan, who endured record losses and public thrashings while cleaning up Bank of America Corp.’s mortgage mess, said he wouldn’t mind being chief executive officer of the lender forever. “It’s the best job there is,” Moynihan said yesterday in an interview scheduled for public television’s “Charlie Rose” program. “While there have been times when you sit there and say, ‘Jeez, this is a lot of pounding,’ you always keep your eye on the purpose you’re here. And that’s to help people with their financial lives — if you really keep focused on that, I could do this the rest of my life.” [Bloomberg]

25 comments (hidden for your protection)

1. Posted by Women of BofA | March 27, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Yeah we're tired of being pounded by mr limp dick, too. I think he fucking needs sensitivity training.

2. Posted by Fewdollarsmore | March 27, 2013 at 12:34 PM

'You always keep your eye on the purpose you’re here'…and on your back.
    - Vikram Pandit

3. Posted by Put_Option | March 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM

He says this after BofA enforces a new compensation policy that the CEO of the company cannot sell his shares until a year after his retirement….

4. Posted by Sisyphus | March 27, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Wrong, Brian … my job is better.

5. Posted by guest | March 27, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Until he got to the part about helping people with their financial lives I thought this was a quote from one of Gundlach's favorite actors.

6. Posted by Turnip Truck | March 27, 2013 at 1:06 PM

"“While there have been times when you sit there and say, ‘Jeez, this is a lot of pounding,’ you always keep your eye on the purpose you’re here. "

–the girls at that "classy" floating strip club with the ziti

7. Posted by Deleveraging | March 27, 2013 at 1:22 PM

"It's the best job there is". For a guy that entered banking in the mid 90's, you've been lucky and had other assholes to blame. I wouldn't get comfortable, at 53 and assuming a normal retirement age; you have at least 2 more crisis to deal with going forward.

- Guy who was around for 1980s commercial real estate collapse & LatAm Debt crisis; not to mention 90's S&L Bust.

8. Posted by PermaGuestII | March 27, 2013 at 1:29 PM

For fuck's sake Moynihan, we're trying to convince people that Rugby does *not* cause brain damage.

9. Posted by Guest | March 27, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I thought the Irish are known for their big shlongs.

10. Posted by Guest | March 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Oh yeah? I was there when Bambi lost his mom.

11. Posted by DK'd | March 27, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Don't think that is why they call it the Irish Curse

12. Posted by Delta gamma | March 27, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Hey !

13. Posted by Larry Kudlow | March 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM

What about meth ?

14. Posted by Guest | March 27, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Me too…

- Deleveraging's windshield

15. Posted by Guest | March 27, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I'd like to hear what Dick Bove thinks about this.

16. Posted by el guesto | March 27, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Well played *slow clap*

17. Posted by Spinner | March 27, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Hey Brian, what's your porpoise?

18. Posted by Ken Lewis | March 27, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I ran that bank better Brian…I had the best job in the world

19. Posted by Puck It | March 27, 2013 at 3:38 PM

The Irish don't have big schlongs, they are big schlongs.

—England

20. Posted by Guest | March 27, 2013 at 3:42 PM

slowly giving you the clap

-el guy under your desk

21. Posted by Sherbawerbleconana | March 27, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Im late to the mumbles moniker as Ive never heard the guy speak extensively before. I couldn't help but notice he has the same nervous tic that Tim Geitner has of bleeding together words in an incomprehensible hodgepodge and then trailing off a sentence in an awkward arc of mumbling.

22. Posted by new analyst | March 28, 2013 at 12:40 PM

A floating strip club that serves ziti? Is this in Manhattan? Tell me more.

-also turnip truck, but lonely and with ready cash

23. Posted by broseph | March 28, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Why, in every photograph, does Moynihan look like he is about to have an attack of Irritable Bowel Syndrome in the middle of a business meeting?

24. Posted by Jay Gould, CFA | March 28, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Yeah well I was there for the crash of 1870, the Teapot Dome incident and the repeal of the Free Silver Act.

25. Posted by Yaniv Vaknin | March 28, 2013 at 1:41 PM