- 29 Apr 2013 at 6:08 PM
Back in January, we made an open pitch to any and all TV networks for a cooking show staring Fox Business reporter Charlie Gasparino, called Charles in Charge (Of Dinner). Despite having all the trappings of a surefire hit– including a pretty damn catchy theme song1– nearly three months later and we’ve seen nary a bite.
It strikes us now that the Food Network brass and other TV execs may have hesitated to jump on this out of skepticism that Charlie can cook. “Sure,” they probably said to themselves. “CG is a snappy dresser and knows how to eat but what does he know about the culinary arts?” A lot, apparently, as evidenced by a recent interview with the Times in which he demonstrates his deft understanding of what makes a great meatball.
“Listen, I think you need good Italian bread. And you need breadcrumbs. And I think you put a little onion in it. And if you really want to kick it up, put milk, whole milk, with the bread, to soften the bread up. And here’s the thing: don’t overseason. People mess it up — I’ve noticed this with non-Italians making meatballs: too much oregano, way too much salt, and too much garlic. Those three things. Italian is, like, less. Italians from Italy use very little garlic.”
Any more questions?
A Reporter Eats and Drinks the News [Diner's Journal]
There’s a new chef in the neighborhood
Breaks business news and it’s understood.
He makes prosciutto and salami
Like he’s the boss of your fam-il-ee-ee
Charles in charge
of cannolis and biceps
Charles in charge
of biscotti, and triceps
When I eat, I want,
When I cook, I want
When I lift, I want
I want Charles in Charge of me.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Bonus Watch '14: Congrats On Being An Investment Banker
- Bill Gross Reacts To George Soros's $500 Million Investment Like He's Been Awarded The Presidential Medal Of Freedom
- Mathew Martoma Is In Miami
- Bonus Expectations Got You Down? Boss Riding Your Ass? Quit And Support Yourself Via Fantasy Football
- David Rubenstein Will Have Warren Buffett Know He's Not A Porn Shop Operator
- Goldman Sachs Is Smart
- Steve Cohen Continues To Rid Firm Of Incentives For Employees To...Y'Know...
- Deal Judge: We're Going To Need A New Master of Coin
- Opening Bell: 11.21.14
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com