- 26 Apr 2013 at 3:20 PM
Taking Chairman Title Away From Jamie Dimon Is The Craziest God Damn Thing Ken Langone’s Heard TodayBy Bess Levin
As you may have heard, recently some JP Morgan shareholders have been making a lot of noise about their desire to strip Jamie Dimon of his gig as JP Morgan Chairman. Their argument centers largely on last summer’s incident in which one of the bank’s employees lost $6+ billion on a trade. So far the board has rallied behind JD, but until today, we hadn’t what veterans of the business community thought of the matter.
What, for instance, is Ken Langone’s reaction to the idea that Jamie can’t hold down two jobs at the same time? It’s horse shit, is what!
“Nuts!” he told Bloomberg TV the afternoon. “It’s nuts!” 1. Jamie Dimon is the best CEO in America, nay, the universe 2. JPMorgan is so good is can afford things like the Whale. 3. Ken loves Jamie, as a human. 4. This “whole nonsense about governance is a lot of horse feathers” to Big Langs and 5. Unrelated but important: Ken Langone would like to remind you that he once vanquished Eliot Spitzer.
Stripping Dimon of Chairman Title Is ‘Nuts,’ Langone Says [Bloomberg]
Langone, Farley On Dimon’s Role At JP Morgan [Bloomberg TV]
The Many Loves Of Ken Langone [The Market Now]
- Taking Chairman Title Away From Jamie Dimon Is The Craziest God Damn Thing Ken Langone's Heard Today April 26, 2013
- Pay Hike Watch '14: Raises For Everyone (Under 25)! August 21, 2014
- Looking To Become The Next Silicon Valley Billionaire? Schlep Someone Else's Sh*t Around The Desert For A Week August 21, 2014
- Bonus Watch ’14: Hedge Fund Cogs August 21, 2014
- Dealbreaker Chef de Cuisine Says Cook This Now: Chinese Spare Ribs August 21, 2014
- Steve Cohen Betting On Steve Cohen August 21, 2014
- Pay Hike Watch '15: The Youth Of Goldman Sachs August 20, 2014
- Groundbreaking Research Reveals Junior Bankers "Fairly Pleased About" Not Working 100 Hour/Week Anymore August 19, 2014
- Lehman Trustee Not Sure How $4 Billion In Barclays Pocket Adds Up To $0 August 21, 2014
- Meanwhile, At PIMCO August 20, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com