- 26 Apr 2013 at 3:20 PM
Taking Chairman Title Away From Jamie Dimon Is The Craziest God Damn Thing Ken Langone’s Heard TodayBy Bess Levin
As you may have heard, recently some JP Morgan shareholders have been making a lot of noise about their desire to strip Jamie Dimon of his gig as JP Morgan Chairman. Their argument centers largely on last summer’s incident in which one of the bank’s employees lost $6+ billion on a trade. So far the board has rallied behind JD, but until today, we hadn’t what veterans of the business community thought of the matter.
What, for instance, is Ken Langone’s reaction to the idea that Jamie can’t hold down two jobs at the same time? It’s horse shit, is what!
“Nuts!” he told Bloomberg TV the afternoon. “It’s nuts!” 1. Jamie Dimon is the best CEO in America, nay, the universe 2. JPMorgan is so good is can afford things like the Whale. 3. Ken loves Jamie, as a human. 4. This “whole nonsense about governance is a lot of horse feathers” to Big Langs and 5. Unrelated but important: Ken Langone would like to remind you that he once vanquished Eliot Spitzer.
Stripping Dimon of Chairman Title Is ‘Nuts,’ Langone Says [Bloomberg]
Langone, Farley On Dimon’s Role At JP Morgan [Bloomberg TV]
The Many Loves Of Ken Langone [The Market Now]
- Taking Chairman Title Away From Jamie Dimon Is The Craziest God Damn Thing Ken Langone's Heard Today April 26, 2013
- Bonus Watch '13: Jefferies December 20, 2013
- Mike Steinberg Undone By LivingSocial Deal For Screenwriting Class December 20, 2013
- Bonus Watch '13: Citi December 18, 2013
- Jamie Dimon Sees The Kardashian's David LaChappelle-Directed Christmas Card And Raises Them "Tennis With Giant Balls In Our Park Avenue Living Room" December 17, 2013
- Finance Executives Are Spending $30,000/Day To Learn How To Type www.facebook.com Into Their Address Bar December 18, 2013
- The Question Isn't "Why Does First Round Capital's Holiday Video Feature A Talking Camel And Its Founder Riding A Wrecking Ball (In a Fat Suit)?" December 19, 2013
- Christmas Come Early For JP Morgan Junior Employees December 16, 2013
- Write-Offs: 12.20.13 December 20, 2013
- Phil Goldstein Accepts His Birthright December 20, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com