- 26 Apr 2013 at 3:20 PM
Taking Chairman Title Away From Jamie Dimon Is The Craziest God Damn Thing Ken Langone’s Heard TodayBy Bess Levin
As you may have heard, recently some JP Morgan shareholders have been making a lot of noise about their desire to strip Jamie Dimon of his gig as JP Morgan Chairman. Their argument centers largely on last summer’s incident in which one of the bank’s employees lost $6+ billion on a trade. So far the board has rallied behind JD, but until today, we hadn’t what veterans of the business community thought of the matter.
What, for instance, is Ken Langone’s reaction to the idea that Jamie can’t hold down two jobs at the same time? It’s horse shit, is what!
“Nuts!” he told Bloomberg TV the afternoon. “It’s nuts!” 1. Jamie Dimon is the best CEO in America, nay, the universe 2. JPMorgan is so good is can afford things like the Whale. 3. Ken loves Jamie, as a human. 4. This “whole nonsense about governance is a lot of horse feathers” to Big Langs and 5. Unrelated but important: Ken Langone would like to remind you that he once vanquished Eliot Spitzer.
Stripping Dimon of Chairman Title Is ‘Nuts,’ Langone Says [Bloomberg]
Langone, Farley On Dimon’s Role At JP Morgan [Bloomberg TV]
The Many Loves Of Ken Langone [The Market Now]
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Bonus Watch '14: Congrats On Being An Investment Banker
- Bill Gross Reacts To George Soros's $500 Million Investment Like He's Been Awarded The Presidential Medal Of Freedom
- Bonus Expectations Got You Down? Boss Riding Your Ass? Quit And Support Yourself Via Fantasy Football
- Mathew Martoma Is In Miami
- David Rubenstein Will Have Warren Buffett Know He's Not A Porn Shop Operator
- Steve Cohen Continues To Rid Firm Of Incentives For Employees To...Y'Know...
- Goldman Sachs Is Smart
- Deal Judge: We're Going To Need A New Master of Coin
- Opening Bell: 11.21.14
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com