- 26 Apr 2013 at 3:20 PM
Taking Chairman Title Away From Jamie Dimon Is The Craziest God Damn Thing Ken Langone’s Heard TodayBy Bess Levin
As you may have heard, recently some JP Morgan shareholders have been making a lot of noise about their desire to strip Jamie Dimon of his gig as JP Morgan Chairman. Their argument centers largely on last summer’s incident in which one of the bank’s employees lost $6+ billion on a trade. So far the board has rallied behind JD, but until today, we hadn’t what veterans of the business community thought of the matter.
What, for instance, is Ken Langone’s reaction to the idea that Jamie can’t hold down two jobs at the same time? It’s horse shit, is what!
“Nuts!” he told Bloomberg TV the afternoon. “It’s nuts!” 1. Jamie Dimon is the best CEO in America, nay, the universe 2. JPMorgan is so good is can afford things like the Whale. 3. Ken loves Jamie, as a human. 4. This “whole nonsense about governance is a lot of horse feathers” to Big Langs and 5. Unrelated but important: Ken Langone would like to remind you that he once vanquished Eliot Spitzer.
Stripping Dimon of Chairman Title Is ‘Nuts,’ Langone Says [Bloomberg]
Langone, Farley On Dimon’s Role At JP Morgan [Bloomberg TV]
The Many Loves Of Ken Langone [The Market Now]
- Taking Chairman Title Away From Jamie Dimon Is The Craziest God Damn Thing Ken Langone's Heard Today April 26, 2013
- Argentina Decides Talking To Paul Singer Maybe Not Worse Than Defaulting At Midnight July 30, 2014
- Broker Junkets Are Back (But Only 70% As Drunk) July 30, 2014
- Deutsche Bank Knows Its Financial Reporting Operation Is A Janky Pile Of Crap July 30, 2014
- S&P Is Going To Go Ahead And Call This A "Selective Default" For Argentina July 30, 2014
- Dan Loeb Would Like That $1.4 Billion Back July 30, 2014
- Morgan Stanley Has A Treat For Senior Junior Bankers July 29, 2014
- Local Man Wants Credit (And More) For Almost Selling Most Expensive House In U.S. History July 29, 2014
- Let's Talk About: CFA Results July 29, 2014
- Brian Moynihan Imposing His Own Sanctions On Russia July 30, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com