With just nine months to go in the Beard Era, the time has come for the press to start casting about for a successor. There’s the obvious one: Janet Yellen, Fed vice chairwoman, who has friends and foes, according to the Gray Lady. Apparently, though, she may be a little too worried about getting people jobs, and not worried enough about whipping inflation now.

That leaves open the tantalizing possibility that Ben’s retirement may usher in the second (or third or fourth) comings of Tim Geither or Larry Summers.

Mr. Geithner, 51, who holds a master’s degree in international economics from Johns Hopkins University, lacks the academic credentials of recent chairmen. He has also disavowed interest in the job.

And like Mr. Ferguson, he was among the officials responsible for the Fed’s regulatory failures. But Mr. Geithner’s candidacy is difficult to dismiss because of his close relationship with Mr. Obama, who will pick the nominee, and because he is known and respected by investors….

Mr. Summers, 58, has never worked for a central bank, although he has written extensively about macroeconomic policy. He has also been passed over once, having sought to replace Mr. Bernanke in 2010. And he has a mixed record in leadership roles, including his stormy five years as Harvard’s president, which ended in his resignation.

Possible Fed Successor Has Admirers and Foes [NYT]
If Not Yellen at the Fed, Perhaps One of These [NYT]

1. Posted by asdf | April 25, 2013 at 5:24 PM

The day I see Shazar post original content, we will all question our sanity

2. Posted by cosuri cadou | February 28, 2014 at 10:03 AM

Shazar? Why are you pointing fingers only at shazar,when there are a ton others doing the same shady stuff?

3. Posted by proiecte case mari | March 4, 2014 at 9:52 AM

that's a good point. most sites or bloggers only repost content that was stolen or "inspired" from someone else

4. Posted by dana | March 5, 2014 at 4:23 AM

Although I see why people seem to be so hype about this, I couldn't care less because it will have no impact on our lives

proiect casa

5. Posted by leomax | March 25, 2014 at 1:03 AM

the website is pleasing me in the right way. I hope new posts will come soon. exist update

6. Posted by ktrina | March 27, 2014 at 7:43 AM

Well, I find it completely normal! Old people have a lot of free time on their hands and learning basic PC skills is among the smartest things they can do with that time

7. Posted by denisa | April 2, 2014 at 11:37 AM

My grandma who used to be a lawyer is now doing all sorts of taxes and accounting using specialty software, and the money is pretty good. She managed to learn how to use them (with some help, of course) in a few months, but she is definitely one of the most ambitious old folks I've ever met!

8. Posted by Kara | April 3, 2014 at 3:22 AM

This can be a subject for an important discution, but here is not the space to talk about what is wrong ar well with this people.

9. Posted by gruia | April 10, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I admit, I was impressed by this show of respect

10. Posted by website | April 10, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Even if we organised a 10-hour long debate with 100 people, we still wouldn't have enough time to sort this out….

11. Posted by sam | April 11, 2014 at 3:06 AM

Not sure about what we should do, but I know I'm not going to believe something like this a second time :)

12. Posted by red | April 14, 2014 at 3:44 AM

I'm glad he's back. He seems trustworty enough to do a good job

13. Posted by aerc | April 14, 2014 at 6:52 AM

Tim was one of the most controversial people to have ad this job