[Via ZH, Related: Dan Loeb’s High Road Is Paved With High Impact Enemas Administered By A 77 Year-Old Man]

14 comments (hidden for your protection)

1. Posted by Tom Hobbes | August 12, 2013 at 2:14 PM

This is either fake,,or has been changed. DL does not have any 'header' on his bloomberg message page. Looking at it now.

2. Posted by guest | August 12, 2013 at 2:16 PM

OR: he changed it after the press picked up on it, just like he did after his last message to Bill Ackman?

Thinking is tough, I know.

3. Posted by Tom Hobbes | August 12, 2013 at 2:24 PM

When you send a bloomberg message, the recipient shows up on the "To" line which is hidden or missing from this image. The recipient's message and phone number would appear as this image suggests. Only, here, the "To" line is missing and Dan Loeb appears as the "BCC" recipient. The outgoing message would be attributed to the principal recipient. Under the 99) Options header (on the red line) you can change the appearance of the "CC" and "BCC" fields/rows but the "To" line can not be de-selected. This might well be photo shop work.

Alternatively, there is a way to suppress the "To" field and DL changed his outgoing message within minutes of DB's story. Perhaps but I'm not buying it.

4. Posted by Im_a_Dude | August 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM

No, I wont stay online and take a short survey of your performance because I didn't call the helpline!

5. Posted by Conspiracy Theory | August 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM

If you look at the ZH reference you will see the story originally ran on 8/10 so he had plenty of time to change it. MSGE<GO> type in a name in "BCC" then you will be able to deselect the "TO" and "CC" lines.

You are trying to make an conspiracy out of nothing

6. Posted by Tom Hobbes | August 12, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I stand corrected. You can do MSG9 and suppress the "To" field. It's possible that DL changed it.

7. Posted by agreatdaytothink | August 12, 2013 at 2:50 PM

The reply either faked,, or has been changed. There is no Tom Hobbes or Thomas Hobbes in bbg. Looking at it now.

8. Posted by guest | August 12, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I love how much time you've spent investigating this matter, and also that you're still only saying it's "possible" (but not for sure!) that DL changed it.

9. Posted by Dan Loeb | August 12, 2013 at 3:18 PM

@Tom Hobbes

Now go get your shine box.

10. Posted by quant me maybe ... | August 12, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I'm pretty sure that if I were Dan Loeb, the only thing I'd be doing on my Bloomberg terminal is my secretary.

Guy who is pretty sure he has 'people' who do that shit.

11. Posted by Lachlan | August 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Its like shazar at a gloryhole…he just can't help himself

12. Posted by Tom Hobbes | August 12, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I did spend about 10 minutes on this. It's sad, I agree. Was a slow morning. Then again, if I'm on deal breaker, it's a slow day.

My gut was that DL would not stoke the fire and it seemed like an easy set up. All things considered, possible = probable.

Whatever.

Posting on DB is a bit like having a crumpet or strumpet. Seems like a good idea ex ante and is always regrettable after.

13. Posted by guest | August 12, 2013 at 5:08 PM