News

DiCaprio spent weeks with Belfort. “I wanted a close relationship with him so that I could weave intimate details into the movie,” he says, “things that weren’t in the book. I was kind of the middleman between him and Marty, and I would bring pages of notes from my meetings with Jordan—things like this insane orgy on a 747 going to Vegas, chimpanzees in diapers that would skate through the Stratton offices, very intimate stuff about his relationships with women—and Marty was game to try everything. His approach was essentially to put everything onscreen and see what we responded to. It was old-school, really independent filmmaking on a larger scale.” [Vulture]

13 comments

13 Responses to “Leonardo DiCaprio Emerged From Wolf of Wall Street Research Session With Detailed Notes Re: Jordan Belfort’s Orgies”

1. guest says:

Frontrunner for Tag Hall of Fame:

the section on orgies was titled “jordan belfort’s guide to getting your fuck on”

2. Hobbes says:

And I thought Tommy Belesis was a dirtbag…

3. I worked on LaSalle Street (futures) in Chicago for a few years and there was some extreme nonsense going on there. Guys tearing open cigarette machines, falling down in the streets, sleeping in doorways, one time they got a cab to drive on the sidewalk, all of which is pretty mundane when compared to Wall Street in the 80's and 90's. I can't imagine what went there.

4. G.Costanza says:

Dont understand why you got two thumbs down, so I just brought you to even. Go get em tiger.

5. Nailz6 says:

I hope other financiers come out with guides to Getting Your Fuck On.

• Laxbro says:

Chapter 1: acquire pussy in high school, college, 2-3 years after college & then settle down in b-school so you don't look like a tool with a receding hairline chasing pussy when you start making dough.

6. Laxbro says:

"DiCaprio spent weeks with Belfort…would bring back pages of notes"

read: DiCaprio never actually met the washed up broker and just spent weeks vaca-ing w/ his 19-22 yo model slam pieces, would recall stories of his own narcotic fueled orgies when Marty prodded

7. DingALing says:

As long as Leo doens't claim to have opened a trading account and have made 400k during/after filming, I have no issues.

8. jocuri100 says:

An ex-business partner of the real "Wolf of Wall Street" is suing Martin Scorsese and Paramount for $25 MILLION because he claims they made him look like a hooker banging, toupee-wearing party animal … which he partly denies.

TMZ has learned Andrew Greene — a former exec at Stratton Oakmont — filed a federal lawsuit which claims the Oscar nominated flick defamed the hell out of him by portraying him as a criminal and a drug user … but perhaps worst of all … it mocked his premature hair loss.

In the suit, filed by Greene's lawyer Stephanie Ovadia … he says his real life co-workers — including Jordan Belfort (Leo DiCaprio's character) — gave him the nickname "Wigman" due to the rug he wore.

In the movie, Greene is portrayed through the character Nicky "Rugrat" Koskoff — played by P.J. Byrne — and just as Greene claims in his suit … co-workers mock the guy's hair piece pretty mercilessly.

Our Sites