- 12 Sep 2013 at 3:22 PM
Round Rock Police Out In Force To Protect Several Dozen Dell Shareholders, Board Members Gathered To Hear The Inevitable Made OfficialBy Jon Shazar
Yea, sure, the result of the vote has been clear since early August, and even clearer since late August. But as Bill Thompson says, we have to count every vote. Or, as the special committee handling Dell’s sale to the guy it’s named after might say, count every vote under heavy guard.
At a brief shareholder meeting at Dell‘s headquarters here, Alex J. Mandl, the head of a special Dell board committee, announced that a majority of shareholders had voted in favor of the sale to Michael S. Dell and the investment firm Silver Lake.
A person briefed on the matter said that roughly 65 percent of the shares that were voted approved the buyout.
- Round Rock Police Out In Force To Protect Several Dozen Dell Shareholders, Board Members Gathered To Hear The Inevitable Made Official September 12, 2013
- Point: You Got Wasted At An Industry Event, Slept Half The Day, And Missed Key Meetings. Counterpoint: I Was Conducting Important Business. After That, I Needed To Recharge The Batteries. December 12, 2013
- Chinese Entrepreneur Isn't Just Going To Sit Back And Let His Wife Have All The Fun December 12, 2013
- How-To-Guides: Kick Someone's Ass The First Day, Or Become Someone's Bitch December 11, 2013
- Opening Bell: 12.12.13 December 12, 2013
- No. 2 At Noted Boiler Room Will Give You Sex With 'A Zillion Women' But Draws The Line At Male-Male-Female Threesomes December 10, 2013
- Jamie Dimon Wouldn't Buy Bear Stearns Again If They Were Selling It For The Price Of 'On The House' December 11, 2013
- Are You A First-Year Analyst But Want To Look Like You're Punching Above Your Weight? December 9, 2013
- The 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide December 10, 2013
- Guy Who Worked In Notorious Boiler Room Where He Was Urged By Boss To Slit His Throat Has Already Fandangoed His Tickets To The Movie December 9, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com