News

Shutdown Watch, Day 15: It’s A Glitch!

The CBOE hasn’t had the easiest time extending VIX trading hours, but, for once, the further delay is not its fault.

CBOE Holdings Inc., the operator of the largest U.S. options exchange by trading volume, will delay the launch of extended trading in its Volatility Index futures due to the continuing shutdown in Washington. With the Commodity Futures Trading Commission operations limited, the CBOE Futures Exchange’s extended hours haven’t received appropriate certifications for the exchange to meet its target launch dates.

“CFE is operationally prepared to proceed with these launch dates,” the exchange operator said in a notice to traders. “However, due to the government shutdown, CFE must defer the launch of the second phase of expanded VIX futures extended trading hours,” the notice said….

Certain certifications must be on file with the CFTC for 10 full business days before they become effective, according to a CBOE spokeswoman. CBOE must wait for the partial shutdown of the U.S. government to end to begin notching that required time, she said. The exchange will announce new launch dates once the government reopens.

Yea, about that….

Negotiations to reopen the government and avert a possible default just two days away were temporarily suspended Tuesday, and Senate Republicans emerged from a closed-door lunch saying they had to wait to see if their struggling House counterparts could still come up with their own plan….

The continuing efforts by the House to reach agreement on a proposal put a halt to talks in the Senate after negotiators had appeared to be closing in on a deal. Stock markets dipped as meetings continued on Capitol Hill and at the White House. But for the moment, the attention had returned to the House and whether Mr. Boehner could come up with a proposal that would attract enough support.

Extended VIX Futures Trading Hours Delayed by Federal Shutdown [WSJ MoneyBeat blog]
Senate Talks on Hold as House G.O.P. Revises Its Fiscal Plan [NYT]

16 comments

16 Responses to “Shutdown Watch, Day 15: It’s A Glitch!”

1. Investment says:

Investment can mean savings alone, or a saving made through delayed consumption. Investments can be divided into different types according to different theories and principles.

2. Thanks for the guidelines of your post . The place else could I get that type of info written in such an ideal way? I have a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such information.

3. Jeniffer says:

The GOP not the Democrats are responsible for the bulk of our National Debt which was less than $800 billion through Carter. Reagan tripled it with massive military/government spending and tax cuts. GHW Bush added to it with costly military invasions based upon lies and GW Bush more than DOUBLED it yet again. Notice the GOP only become deficit hawks when out of the White House.

Reagan raised the debt limit without fan fare 18 times, GHW Bush 9 times and GW Bush 7 times –all more than under Pres. Obama. It is the slimy GOP who use the economic health of the US as a bargaining chip in their political extortion. The GOP represent the worst in America and will drag down their selfish, greedy, dull, bigoted GOPeon supporters with them.

Regard's
    Jeniffer

4. An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a coworker who has been doing a little homework on this. And he actually ordered me lunch because I found it for him… lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending time to talk about this subject here on your web site.

5. Thankyou because of this good write-up below, you understand that will health insurance and it is health issues are very important to reside in healthful existence. You need to stop by southchicagoveins to read more as well as guide.

6. Thanks a lot just for this great document the following, you already know that will health insurance and it is conditioning points are very important to live on wholesome living. You need to go to buyusapeptides to learn more along with aid.

7. Games says:

I adore Your engage in video games on-line. I am unable to lose time waiting for the sport on the net. We were holding undoubtedly plumbing service We have ever before understand, the website along with the ratings shall be delicious.

8. Maaria says:

9. system says:

10. Thanks for the guidelines of your post . The place else could I get that type of info written in such an ideal way? I have a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such information.

11. diemy says:

I already read the article above, and I got usefull information about that

12. I never found the article as complete as this,nice job..

13. obat herbal says:

wooww, your article is interesting and it was very nice thank you

14. hguhf fkhj says:

Thanks for the guidelines of your post

15. Its like you read my mind! You seem to understand so a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or a thing. I think that you simply could do with some pics to drive the message household a bit, but instead of that, this is fantastic weblog. A fantastic go through. I///'ll absolutely be back.stellar phoenix photo recovery//n//n

16. adminpool says:

The particular Master in operation degree is rolling out as one of the primarily vital masters' degrees and contains nice career chance. Folks select the Master in operation degree to be able to earn additional also to advance their particular career. This diploma offers these to extend their particular Business confidence plus it makes them a significant leader.businessinfusion