• 15 Oct 2013 at 4:45 PM

Shutdown Watch, Day 15: It’s A Glitch!

The CBOE hasn’t had the easiest time extending VIX trading hours, but, for once, the further delay is not its fault.

CBOE Holdings Inc., the operator of the largest U.S. options exchange by trading volume, will delay the launch of extended trading in its Volatility Index futures due to the continuing shutdown in Washington. With the Commodity Futures Trading Commission operations limited, the CBOE Futures Exchange’s extended hours haven’t received appropriate certifications for the exchange to meet its target launch dates.

“CFE is operationally prepared to proceed with these launch dates,” the exchange operator said in a notice to traders. “However, due to the government shutdown, CFE must defer the launch of the second phase of expanded VIX futures extended trading hours,” the notice said….

Certain certifications must be on file with the CFTC for 10 full business days before they become effective, according to a CBOE spokeswoman. CBOE must wait for the partial shutdown of the U.S. government to end to begin notching that required time, she said. The exchange will announce new launch dates once the government reopens.

Yea, about that….

Negotiations to reopen the government and avert a possible default just two days away were temporarily suspended Tuesday, and Senate Republicans emerged from a closed-door lunch saying they had to wait to see if their struggling House counterparts could still come up with their own plan….

The continuing efforts by the House to reach agreement on a proposal put a halt to talks in the Senate after negotiators had appeared to be closing in on a deal. Stock markets dipped as meetings continued on Capitol Hill and at the White House. But for the moment, the attention had returned to the House and whether Mr. Boehner could come up with a proposal that would attract enough support.

Extended VIX Futures Trading Hours Delayed by Federal Shutdown [WSJ MoneyBeat blog]
Senate Talks on Hold as House G.O.P. Revises Its Fiscal Plan [NYT]

1. Posted by Investment | October 25, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Investment can mean savings alone, or a saving made through delayed consumption. Investments can be divided into different types according to different theories and principles.

2. Posted by Real Estate listing | November 1, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Thanks for the guidelines of your post . The place else could I get that type of info written in such an ideal way? I have a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such information.

3. Posted by Jeniffer | December 28, 2013 at 12:13 AM

The GOP not the Democrats are responsible for the bulk of our National Debt which was less than $800 billion through Carter. Reagan tripled it with massive military/government spending and tax cuts. GHW Bush added to it with costly military invasions based upon lies and GW Bush more than DOUBLED it yet again. Notice the GOP only become deficit hawks when out of the White House.

Reagan raised the debt limit without fan fare 18 times, GHW Bush 9 times and GW Bush 7 times –all more than under Pres. Obama. It is the slimy GOP who use the economic health of the US as a bargaining chip in their political extortion. The GOP represent the worst in America and will drag down their selfish, greedy, dull, bigoted GOPeon supporters with them.

Regard's
    Jeniffer

4. Posted by Nick Billions | December 31, 2013 at 3:21 AM

An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a coworker who has been doing a little homework on this. And he actually ordered me lunch because I found it for him… lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending time to talk about this subject here on your web site.

5. Posted by Southchicagoveins | January 2, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Thankyou because of this good write-up below, you understand that will health insurance and it is health issues are very important to reside in healthful existence. You need to stop by southchicagoveins to read more as well as guide.

6. Posted by buyusapeptides | January 2, 2014 at 4:56 AM

Thanks a lot just for this great document the following, you already know that will health insurance and it is conditioning points are very important to live on wholesome living. You need to go to buyusapeptides to learn more along with aid.

7. Posted by Games | January 15, 2014 at 12:26 PM

I adore Your engage in video games on-line. I am unable to lose time waiting for the sport on the net. We were holding undoubtedly plumbing service We have ever before understand, the website along with the ratings shall be delicious.

8. Posted by Maaria | January 15, 2014 at 4:43 PM

9. Posted by system | January 21, 2014 at 6:06 AM

10. Posted by العاب تنظيف | January 22, 2014 at 4:44 PM

11. Posted by diemy | February 13, 2014 at 8:45 PM

I already read the article above, and I got usefull information about that

12. Posted by obat sinusitis | February 22, 2014 at 2:30 AM

I never found the article as complete as this,nice job..

13. Posted by obat herbal | February 25, 2014 at 2:13 PM

wooww, your article is interesting and it was very nice thank you