Hung lights a Dunhill cigarette with a gold lighter. “Not many men get to try these on,” he says, as he slips on a flawless 23-carat diamond ring that out-sparkles even his bright green Christian Louboutin loafers covered in gold spikes. “These are all worth over $10 million…obviously,” he says, pointing to the jewels on display.Hung then starts admiring an enormous diamond necklace. His public-relations representative suggests it would look lovely on his wife. “No…I’m thinking for myself,” Hung says, as he puts it around his neck and has the representative snap a photo of him wearing it. “It’s never too big,” Hung says of a diamond pinky ring. Bastien agrees: “It can always be bigger.” [WSJ]

27 comments (hidden for your protection)

1. Posted by Guest | December 12, 2013 at 12:57 PM

All the overcompensating in the world can't make Hung hung

2. Posted by Christopher Guest | December 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM

That guy from American Idol is really doing quite well for himself.

3. Posted by guest | December 12, 2013 at 1:09 PM

he's like the Trinidad James of China

4. Posted by Alt_EST | December 12, 2013 at 1:10 PM

What was it money can't buy?

5. Posted by guest | December 12, 2013 at 1:12 PM

how DARE you.

6. Posted by guest | December 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM

speechless.

7. Posted by guest | December 12, 2013 at 1:38 PM

nice bangs.

8. Posted by Long Hung Lo | December 12, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Which of the 12.9 million Hungs are you referring to?

9. Posted by guest | December 12, 2013 at 2:01 PM

hung: call me.

lisa maria

10. Posted by Guest | December 12, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I think she married him for his personality.

11. Posted by guest | December 12, 2013 at 2:04 PM

"When we work with Stephen he's always eager to have something special," says Bastien, as he produces one of the designs Graff has prepared for Hung. It is a watch face adorned with diamonds in the shape of Hung's own visage. A line of rubies is planned to represent Hung's signature look: a swath of bright red hair sweeping across his forehead. "We came up with this and he asked, 'Can you make my hair more red?'" explains Bastien.

12. Posted by Guy who digs Becky | December 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM

If you could ignore her shallowness, vapidness and here disregard for anything tasteful……the wife is pretty hot.

But if you need to ignore that, why not just hire a Gina girl?

13. Posted by Shaz's beard | December 12, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Willing to bet Stephen's Hung like a squirrel

14. Posted by ThatsVVacc | December 12, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Bastien agrees: "It can always be bigger"

His wife also agrees with this sentiment, but she is willing to put up with it for his money.

15. Posted by Boxes of Domes | December 12, 2013 at 3:27 PM

HUNG is KING of his domain

16. Posted by Put_Option | December 12, 2013 at 3:40 PM

So refreshing to see understated class for a change over nouveau riche opulence. Hung is on the list of top 10 men who obviously aren't in the closet.

17. Posted by J. Reinhold | December 12, 2013 at 3:50 PM

you mean the guy from MOCK TRIAL?

18. Posted by Dennis K | December 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM

That couch is . . . dreamy

19. Posted by biglawinsecure | December 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Believable. Thats what makes this modern day romance so sweet.

"Valdez-Hung says she met Hung several years ago, when she came to Hong Kong for a vacation after finishing her law studies in Mexico. "I came from a very conservative family. When I met him I didn't want him to impress me with anything but his mind," she says. "He has this magnetism. Designers, investors, everyone wants to talk to him."

20. Posted by bbb | December 12, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I wish I could have seen that meet the parents moment.

Guy who wishes he could have bangs like that

21. Posted by guest | December 12, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Bubble Alert!

22. Posted by guest | December 12, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I feel like I’m seeing a graphical depiction of the mind of an @sshole, his crib is like a douchebag museum.

23. Posted by Hans Overturf | December 12, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Very intelligent, modest man who has not ego whatsoever.

24. Posted by Swiss Hedge | December 13, 2013 at 6:15 AM

One would think that with all that cash he'd go for someone with bigger tits……

25. Posted by El Guesto | December 13, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I plucked that chick in middle school in exchange for a juicy box. True story.

26. Posted by Bull Guest | December 13, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I'd happily fulfill those marital duties Stephen clearly isn't willing to perform….

27. Posted by Deb L.L. | December 13, 2013 at 10:33 AM