All this week we’ve been hearing from people tangentially related to the “Wolf of Wall Street,” AKA Jordan Belfort, and his second in command, Danny Porush, whose boiler room scam is the subject of an upcoming Martin Scorsese film. One was Josh Shapiro, a young Long Island guy who couldn’t help but be seduced by the Quaaludes, cars, and hookers; another the ex-wife of Porush, who was surprised to hear her husband’s business was built on lies, and also that he was leaving her for another woman, who he’d knocked up around the time the Feds raided Stratton Oakmont.

Both attest to the degenerate way of doing things depicted in the movie (and book), which is said to include dwarf-tossing, chimpanzees, money taped to breasts, and threesomes as far as the eye can see. One guy not enthused about the portrayal of life at the firm? Danny Porush, who has held is tongue too long. Among his quibbles:

The claim that anyone sent out memo banning sex in the office during business hours. Was there enough of that going on to probably warrant such a memo? Sure. Did an official one ever go out? No.

• …while sex was nearly as integrated into office life as the scams that made the firm’s owners millions, Porush strongly denies a long-established piece of Stratton lore detailed in the book, and dramatized in the film adaptation: that brokers became so debauched that Belfort was forced to issue a memo declaring the office a “fuck-free zone” from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on workdays.

The suggestion that he is not a friend of animals. Did he once threaten to eat someone’s goldfish? Yes. Did he allow a chimpanzee to roam the office? No, and he’s downright offended at the mere notion.

• Porush doesn’t deny, as the book depicts, engaging in his fair share of unfettered hedonism, nor does he deny doing his share of drugs or indulging in rowdy antics. For example, movie goers will see Jonah Hill [dangling a goldfish over his mouth]. Porush says: true story. “I said to one of the brokers, ‘If you don’t do more business, I’m gonna eat your goldfish!’” Porush recalls. “So I did.” … “There was never a chimpanzee in the office,” Porush maintains. “There were no animals in the office…I would also never abuse an animal in any way.”

The suggestion that he is not a friend of dwarfs. Did he hire a bunch to serve as entertainment at a party? Yes. Did he treat them with the utmost respect, just as he would a person of a higher stature? Yes.

• …while Porush admits the firm hired little people to attend and mingle at at least one party, “we never abused [or threw] the midgets in the office; we were friendly to them,” he emphasizes. “There was no physical abuse.”

But what really frosts Porush’s cookies? What makes him almost not want to see the movie? What he has a right mind to sue over? The claim that he engaged in a threesome with Jordan Belfort. Look, has he had sex with millions of women? Yes, and that figure is conservative at best. Has he has sex with many, many women at once? Do you even have to ask? Has he done 40 women in a sitting, a rate he maintained for years? Sure, that’s not up for debate. But he has never, and he means never, been involved in a sexual scenario that also included another guy; the fact that anyone would think such a thing makes him want to go out and bang a dozen women right now.

• In one scene, the Donnie Azoff character sits and watches as thick bricks of cash are strapped to a Swiss woman’s body. “[I] never taped money to boobs,” Porush says. Indeed, in the memoir, Porush is not present during this painful boob-tape incident. But there’s another part of the book that’s harder for him to laugh off. The book references Porush’s many dalliances with various female sales assistants. At least one of these attention-grabbers is, according to Porush, completely made up. The incident concerns a “wildly promiscuous” employee, one who was seventeen-years-old. Belfort wrote: “Anyway, about a month later, after a tiny bit of urging, Danny convinced me that it would be good if we both did her at the same time, which we did, on a Saturday afternoon while our wives were out shopping for Christmas dresses.”

“I categorically deny this,” Porush says. “I’m not homophobic, but I never had sex with a girl with another guy. I’ve been with a zillion women, several women at the same time—but only just with women…Also, never any minors.”*

Objections aside, he, like other Stratton alums, will of course see the movie the day it comes out.

• Regardless of how he feels about the film or the memoir’s attachment to reality, Porush says he’s excited to see the movie. “I’m a big fan of Scorsese, and DiCaprio,” he says.

Dwarf-Tossing, Three-Way with Teen Employee Never Happened, Says Real “Wolf of Wall Street” Exec [Mother Jones]
*I love that his is just an aside.

1. Posted by guest | December 10, 2013 at 2:20 PM

"a zillion"

this guy's giving that gina girl a run for her money

2. Posted by guest | December 10, 2013 at 2:45 PM

"also never any minors"

3. Posted by guest | December 10, 2013 at 2:53 PM

of course he's seeing the fucking movie.

4. Posted by Guest | December 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Laxdad?

5. Posted by guest | December 10, 2013 at 2:59 PM

favorite kind of Dealbreaker.

6. Posted by Pre-Law | December 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female office guests – we did.
    [winks at DiCaprio]
    But you can't hold a whole brokerage responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole financial system? And if the whole financial system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our corporate institutions in general? I put it to you, Scorsese – isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

7. Posted by Guy who digs Becky | December 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM

How about a lower number than a zillion.

Still trying to figure out the hooker that blew 40 guys on the way to AC in a bus.

What is that, a 2 hour drive tops? 120 minutes/40 guys = 3 minutes. A lot of work even for a professional.

Was Shazar there as a fluffer?

8. Posted by guest | December 10, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Two words: Ski poles

9. Posted by guest | December 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM

She was blowing them, not giving out HJs. Jesus christ must I do everything around here?

-attention to detail guest

10. Posted by guest | December 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM

“I’m not homophobic, but I never had sex with a girl with another guy. I’ve been with a zillion women, several women at the same time—but only just with women…Also, never any minors."

-danny porush's match.com profile

11. Posted by Guest | December 10, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I don't believe any of the claims regarding Porush's sex life.

-J Gundlach

12. Posted by guest | December 10, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I'm going to assume he was talking about prep work with the ski poles, then the vacuum cleaner for the finisher

13. Posted by guest | December 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM

" a memo declaring the office a “fuck-free zone” from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on workdays."

just reading this sent shivers down my spine.

-jeff gundlach

14. Posted by guest | December 10, 2013 at 4:48 PM

This guy knows what I'm talking about

15. Posted by guest | December 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM

16. Posted by guest | December 10, 2013 at 5:47 PM

go on.

17. Posted by Guestddd | December 10, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Maybe she has claw like feet?

18. Posted by xHamster Advice | December 10, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Generally the other guy isnt a homo in a mmf.

19. Posted by Bobsboobs | December 10, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Consider neutralizing the shivers with a pulsating replical of Mandingo in your anus.

20. Posted by el guesto | December 10, 2013 at 5:54 PM

bravo

21. Posted by EQ in Dallas | December 10, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Definitely a woman, possibly a virgin.

22. Posted by Chuck | December 10, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Hey Guys, Dis is Charlie – da worlds greatest reporter. Let me let yous all in a little some tin. Yous of course remember dat I was da guy dat broke da Straton story way back when.

One of da tings I du best is hang out in men's rooms and listen to guys who relieving demselves with their Antony Weiner is their hand. Don't know why, but dey utter some pretty amazing shit at da urinal. So I hear dis story about no sex in da office from 8 to 7. I says to myself, just pop over dere after 7. Sure enough it was bj city.

So yous can look for me, da world news champ, to add to dis saga as da movies comes out.

23. Posted by Burt har | December 10, 2013 at 8:33 PM

FYI, your post sucked more than the hooker that blew 40 guys on the bus.

24. Posted by Guest | December 10, 2013 at 11:10 PM

That's a face only a hooker could love.

25. Posted by Guest | December 11, 2013 at 6:50 AM

“There was no physical abuse.”

One can only imagine what vitriol they were subjected to that night. Luckily it is safe to assume that much of it flew over their heads. I kid I kid..

26. Posted by Guest | December 11, 2013 at 8:00 AM

No joke – we did a ton of bad things and scammed the fuck out of a lot of people… that was the business model, after all. Oh, and we were often high on drugs and engaging in all kinds of group sex situations. But let me be abundantly clear – we never threw those midgets at the parties. We do have principles.

27. Posted by T. E. | December 11, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Yes, but will he bring his parents?

28. Posted by History Major | December 11, 2013 at 4:11 PM

No sex at work? Who would want to work there??

-Smith Barney Boom Boom Room

29. Posted by GetMid | December 12, 2013 at 4:16 AM

He deceptively said they never thew midgets at the parties. This leaves out kicking midgets, playing baseball with midgets and my personal favorite cunt punting the female midgets.

30. Posted by guest | April 14, 2014 at 6:34 AM

This guy actually ran the firm. He then spent twice as much time in prison as Belfort. Check him out now, he runs a giant legitimate business that helps people and saves them money!