Bonus Watch ’13: Wolf Of Wall Street

Jonah Hill…says he took the role of Leonardo DiCaprio’s amoral sidekick Donnie Azoff for a measly $60,000 payday. “They gave me the lowest amount of money possible, that was their offer,” Hill said in a radio interview with Howard Stern on Tuesday. “And I said, ‘I will sign the paper tonight. Fax me the papers tonight. I want to sign them tonight before they change their mind.’” The amount, which is before commission and taxes, is the minimum allowed by the Screen Actors Guild according to Hill. It’s a sum dwarfed by the $10 million DiCaprio hauled in for his starring role as Jordan Belfort, according to the Huffington Post. DiCaprio also helped produce the film. Hill wasn’t worried about how much he’d make working on the film because he was desperate to work with revered filmmaker Martin Scorsese. “I would sell my house and give him all my money to work for him,” the “Money Ball” star told Stern. “This isn’t what you make money for. You do ‘22 Jump Street’ or you do other things, and you can pay your rent. I would’ve done anything in the world. I would do it again in a second.” [NYP]

19 Responses to “Bonus Watch ’13: Wolf Of Wall Street”

1. Im_a_Dude says:

Starving artists I tell ya

2. Well Shame says:

I totally cringe when I see a young (19 – 23) year old husband and wife with 5 kids in a shopping cart at the store. I think to myself….. How in the hell do you do that? But then the answer comes to me quickly when I see Shazar take out food stamps at the register. …

3. Guest says:

Am I the only one that can't stand this fuck? He's not funny. He isn't a great actor. He's a douche in real life. And he's apparently getting good parts, e.g. Wolf and Money ball because he's a big name that will work for free.

4. guest says:

60k is the NKI.

5. Judd Apatow blows says:

Shit, I would have paid 60k to keep Jonah Hill out of the movie. If I want to see fat Jewish kids, I'll go to the mall

6. Deepak says:

This article really touched the nerve. Reminding all d-bag bankster wonnabes loitering on this site who the real masters of universe are. Hollywoodsters are making shitloads of money for doing essentially fun job and living in nice climate as opposed to crunching numbers and cheating folks from their money in the NYC sewer. Aloha to you folks.

– Deepak Chopra

7. Sally says:

Thanks for the tip! I will draw all the funds I have from my retirement fund in a jiffy to invest in this golden opportunity! Yipppy! Wish my late husband knew about my good fortune.

– Sleepless in the "Buckeye State".