• 22 Jan 2014 at 5:36 PM

Bonus Watch ’13: Wolf Of Wall Street

Jonah Hill…says he took the role of Leonardo DiCaprio’s amoral sidekick Donnie Azoff for a measly $60,000 payday. “They gave me the lowest amount of money possible, that was their offer,” Hill said in a radio interview with Howard Stern on Tuesday. “And I said, ‘I will sign the paper tonight. Fax me the papers tonight. I want to sign them tonight before they change their mind.’” The amount, which is before commission and taxes, is the minimum allowed by the Screen Actors Guild according to Hill. It’s a sum dwarfed by the $10 million DiCaprio hauled in for his starring role as Jordan Belfort, according to the Huffington Post. DiCaprio also helped produce the film. Hill wasn’t worried about how much he’d make working on the film because he was desperate to work with revered filmmaker Martin Scorsese. “I would sell my house and give him all my money to work for him,” the “Money Ball” star told Stern. “This isn’t what you make money for. You do ‘22 Jump Street’ or you do other things, and you can pay your rent. I would’ve done anything in the world. I would do it again in a second.” [NYP]

1. Posted by Im_a_Dude | January 22, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Starving artists I tell ya

2. Posted by Spottswoode | January 22, 2014 at 6:01 PM
  3. Posted by Well Shame | January 22, 2014 at 6:02 PM

I totally cringe when I see a young (19 – 23) year old husband and wife with 5 kids in a shopping cart at the store. I think to myself….. How in the hell do you do that? But then the answer comes to me quickly when I see Shazar take out food stamps at the register. …

4. Posted by Neil | January 22, 2014 at 6:05 PM

I gave my wife oral sex education.

5. Posted by guest | January 22, 2014 at 6:08 PM

uh. what?

6. Posted by guest | January 22, 2014 at 6:08 PM

this was a weird little fantasy.

7. Posted by guest | January 22, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Shazar's food stamps = his fun coupons.

8. Posted by BlueCollaJoke | January 22, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Watching Kate Upton dancing the "Cat Daddy" gave me a big pile of wood…Now that's what I call "hope and change!"

9. Posted by Guest | January 23, 2014 at 12:04 AM

Am I the only one that can't stand this fuck? He's not funny. He isn't a great actor. He's a douche in real life. And he's apparently getting good parts, e.g. Wolf and Money ball because he's a big name that will work for free.

10. Posted by Palmer | January 23, 2014 at 12:45 AM

He sucks dick and has a fat ass what do you expect from the West Hollywood scene?

11. Posted by Guest | January 23, 2014 at 12:48 AM

I wanna make love to a girl with Drake playing in the background. I'll finish quickly, then proceed to cry in her arms.

12. Posted by Rebecca M. | January 23, 2014 at 7:31 AM

Those "breakthrough" actresses have to do more than get underpaid.

13. Posted by guest | January 23, 2014 at 2:20 PM

60k is the NKI.

14. Posted by Judd Apatow blows | January 23, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Shit, I would have paid 60k to keep Jonah Hill out of the movie. If I want to see fat Jewish kids, I'll go to the mall

15. Posted by Deepak | January 23, 2014 at 4:39 PM

This article really touched the nerve. Reminding all d-bag bankster wonnabes loitering on this site who the real masters of universe are. Hollywoodsters are making shitloads of money for doing essentially fun job and living in nice climate as opposed to crunching numbers and cheating folks from their money in the NYC sewer. Aloha to you folks.

– Deepak Chopra

16. Posted by guest | January 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM

that you jonah?

17. Posted by hgfe | January 24, 2014 at 11:03 AM

FU

18. Posted by Sally | January 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Thanks for the tip! I will draw all the funds I have from my retirement fund in a jiffy to invest in this golden opportunity! Yipppy! Wish my late husband knew about my good fortune.

– Sleepless in the "Buckeye State".

19. Posted by Delhi-Belley | January 24, 2014 at 6:24 PM