Q: You couldn’t have not known what was happening. The central figure, the former deputy chief of staff Bridget Kelly, was one of your own most senior aides. A: …The fact that every day, 65,000 people have letterhead with my name on it and I don’t know what they’re doing all day. Now I understand that people say well, this isn’t one of the 65,000 — this is someone in your office. You know, the fact is, as I said at the press conference, Matt, if someone doesn’t tell you the truth, there is often very little you can do in reaction to that. So, no, anyone who would say that has no appreciation for what it’s like to be governor or, frankly, chief executive of any kind of major organization. That’s like saying any of these folks who’ve been in trouble in the banking industry, like the JPMorgan Chase thing – how could Jamie Dimon not have known about a trade that was being put on by a trader in London? Well, you know, I think it’s fairly safe to say that Jamie Dimon didn’t know that a trade was being put on, and that when people lied about it, he didn’t know they were lying. So it happens. [Matt Bai via BI]

1. Posted by Alt_EST | January 21, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Hey, let's not start associating my name with some sort of disaster….such as the entire state of New Jersey.

-J. Dimon

2. Posted by Guest | January 21, 2014 at 3:56 PM

"Chris Christie: Jamie Dimon Didn’t Know What The Whale Was Up To"

Of course not, how would J Dimon know what Chris Christie is about to do…

3. Posted by Guest | January 21, 2014 at 4:11 PM

You like watching boobs on that little 3.5" screen?

4. Posted by Cook | January 21, 2014 at 5:15 PM

A GOP (even if name only) governor is attacking a CEO. Wow. Things must be really rough for the fatso. Stick a fork in it.

- Cook Report

5. Posted by MFIN Grad | January 21, 2014 at 5:17 PM

-My Chris Christie feat RickRoss and Drake

Ross:
    Pull up in my phantom
    Bigger than a tank
    I take up all the space
    Cuz i'm movin freight

My traffic jam in yo chicK
    Call it arm n hammer
    But dis no sleepover
    Just da black banana

Only dunkin here done by the fat man
    betcha never seen an obese handstand
    tell yo small time mayor, dis is how it be
    now I letcha holla at my Chris Christie

Drake (repeat 5 times)
    i don't care about other dudes tryin ta diss me
    mah pockets gettin fatter
    Chris Christie

-Bad Rap Analogies (as heard on all Drake songs)

6. Posted by Rebecca M. | January 22, 2014 at 9:25 AM

ummm..23" monitor here bud!

-SEC Analyst

7. Posted by klhoughton | January 22, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Chris Christie: "[H]ow could Jamie Dimon not have known about a [long-term, multi-billion-dollar] trade that was being put on by a trader in London?"

You know, I'm with our Governor. He's correct in his evaluation of Dimon's culpability, and its parallel to his own.