D.A. Davidson’s Tim Ramey enjoyed shoving his vindication, re: Herbalife, in Bill Ackman’s face—see his post-reaudit victory, pre-trip to Disneyland speech here—to end last year so much that he’s planning on another year of it.

D.A. Davidson analyst Timothy Ramey, a longtime Herbalife bull, calls the stock his “single best idea” for 2014, the second year in a row he is giving it that distinction….

“Unleashed from the bear raid, Herbalife should trade on growth prospects,” Mr. Ramey wrote to clients….

“If “multilevel” were to be fully vindicated as an operating strategy, why wouldn’t Herbalife deserve to sell at 25x EPS?” Mr. Ramey asks. “It has impressive margins, huge cash flow, which it has used to benefit shareholders with aggressive share repurchase and dividend increases, and its revenue growth beats anything else we cover.”

Herbalife Is ‘Single Best Idea’ in 2014: Analyst [WSJ MoneyBeat blog]
Herbalife Analyst: I’d Like to Thank ‘Mom, Jesus and Short Sellers’ [WSJ MoneyBeat blog]

14 comments (hidden for your protection)

1. Posted by B. D. | January 6, 2014 at 10:52 AM

I’m pretty sure I would rather be an herbalife “distributor” than say I work at a firm called DA Davidson….

2. Posted by tex2 | January 6, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Herbalife is a scam, just like the largest MLM, Amway: <a href="http://www.stoptheamwaytoolscam.wordpress.com” target=”_blank”>www.stoptheamwaytoolscam.wordpress.com

3. Posted by Harga HP | January 6, 2014 at 11:52 AM

First time i know about herbalife, it is so bored. I feel fooled with people who introduce me to herbalife.
    Harga HP Samsung Harga HP Lenovo
    Harga HP Android

4. Posted by Pershing Square HR | January 6, 2014 at 12:04 PM

For the last time, we're not inviting you in for an interview.

5. Posted by tex2 | January 6, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I learned a LONG time ago not to interface with the HR Department about hiring issues, and that is why I've been working with PS executives for about a year, but thanks for the advice. LOL

6. Posted by Mudslinger | January 6, 2014 at 12:58 PM

DA Davidson ??
    When David Adams Davidson joined a tiny Montana brokerage in 1935 ….
    1959 Gibson Associates is renamed D.A. Davidson & Co.
    I'll bet his business card hasn't changed as many times as yours !!!

7. Posted by laxbro | January 6, 2014 at 2:30 PM

OMG, Herbalife is totally legit! My girlfriend makes $250 an hour by lying on her back and taking juices.

8. Posted by guest | January 6, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Do the PS execs coach you on irony detection techniques?

9. Posted by laxbro fan | January 6, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Come on, you're trying to tell me you don't have a "slam" story with an Herbalife hook? I'm disappointed.

10. Posted by tex2 | January 6, 2014 at 3:46 PM

No, I coach THEM on illegal pyramids and RICO fraudulent scams. If you want some of the coaching, it is free here, which was written primarily for Amway, but most MLMs copy their scam: http://www.stoptheamwaytoolscam.wordpress.com

11. Posted by Will Backman | January 6, 2014 at 8:10 PM

You're doing a bang-up job for them. I hope your compensation is a percentage of earnings on their short position. *

* – since you don't know irony, let me help here….this is called sarcasm.

12. Posted by powershake | January 7, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Your the man TIM RAMEY – you know how to pick a good company. I am a 20 year distributor and proud of what I do in helping people to have better nutrition in their body and helping them to have a more enjoyable and active life.

13. Posted by Harga HP | February 13, 2014 at 9:35 PM

Herbal life ??? What is that?
    Harga HP samsung