Earlier this week, an anonymous veteran of the hedge fund world took to eBay to list the fleeces he’d picked up as an employee of several hedge funds that either have been or will soon be consigned to the scrap heap of corporate history: SAC Capital, SAC subsidiary Sigma Capital, Quadrum Capital, and Stratix. Seller “madinny” started the bidding at $1,500 for the entire lot, and then sat back and waited for the offers to roll in. Unfortunately, it appears that no one, not even the foremost collectors of hedge fund swag among us, would bite. So he did what any guy trying to unload Wall Street memorabilia at an admittedly steep price would do: He rummaged through his closet and came up with a couple items to sweeten the deal.

From a Q&A with another eBay member:

Jan-07-14

Q: A little pricey; does this include the in-tank shark as well?

A: If I had a Damien Hirst original the minimum would be a tad higher and I would be writing this from a beach somewhere, not freezing New York. I can throw in a Stratix sun visor and Lehman Brothers pen.

Obviously we’ll continue to monitor the situation.

Earlier: SAC Fleeces! Get Yer SAC Fleeces!

12 comments (hidden for your protection)

1. Posted by Nailz6 | January 8, 2014 at 4:44 PM

"Q: Ja, hoi. Can you please lower the reserve a little bit? I am more than happy to start bidding at $20. Thanks, Maria Jan-06-14
    A: I could have started with no minimum bid and a high reserve, but I just decided to start it at the lowest price I would sell them for. I actually like these a lot and would only sell for an amount I could do something nice with. As someone on DealBreaker noted I could use a new couch for instance. I have some nice Lehman Brother pens that might be more in your price range. "

2. Posted by guest | January 8, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I thought the couch looked comfy, just not exactly Architectural Digest chic.

-couch quant

3. Posted by Legal | January 8, 2014 at 4:51 PM

How bout a LexisNexis tote?

4. Posted by WWI Afficionado | January 8, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Stratix sun visor? TOTAL GAME CHANGER!

5. Posted by guestie | January 8, 2014 at 5:07 PM

I have a slew of Lehman disaster kits.

In retrospect I should have been using them starting August of '08.

6. Posted by Skinny Pete | January 8, 2014 at 5:21 PM

C'mon, Breaking Media. Loosen up the purse strings and buy them now. Then, distribute them to the best commenter.

7. Posted by guest | January 8, 2014 at 5:42 PM

GREAT idea.

8. Posted by Sadam Pig-al-akuraj | January 8, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Whew! For like, five minutes, there wasn't a #$%$ marriage story on the front page of Yahoo. I'm so relieved everything's back to normal.

9. Posted by Shazaar | January 8, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Well Bess told me to talk to payroll and then payroll told me to talk to Bess and I still haven't received my paycheck and she took my stapler and she never brought it back and then they moved my desk to storage room B and there was garbage on it.

10. Posted by shazzy el dazzy | January 9, 2014 at 2:00 AM

frikin classic!

11. Posted by واتس اب للاندرويد | January 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM

distribute them to the best commenter.

12. Posted by headhunter2014 | January 11, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Did Matt ask his bro Jason to list all this stuff on ebay because he left dealbreaker???

Things can't be that bad at your new gig, c'mon!