Apple’s decision to remove a program used to send and receive Bitcoins from its App Store prompted Barry Silbert to end a love affair with his iPhone. “I’m switching,” Silbert, chief executive officer of New York-based SecondMarket Inc., said in an e-mail after Apple this week removed his Bitcoin application of choice, Blockchain.info. “Shopping for a new phone this weekend.” From Wall Street to Silicon Valley, technology enthusiasts who used to see the Cupertino, California-based company as a kindred spirit are voicing their frustration over its policies. Apple requires apps to be legal everywhere they’re offered, and some governments including China and India have questioned Bitcoin’s legal status. [Bloomberg]

1. Posted by Guest | February 7, 2014 at 2:55 PM

And Mt Gox blocked withdrawals from its exchange. What's the coin evangelist to say about that?

2. Posted by guest | February 7, 2014 at 2:55 PM

photoshop excellence.

3. Posted by guest | February 7, 2014 at 2:55 PM

how did you get a picture of me crying in a field over this?!

-guy who's really broken up about it

4. Posted by Guest | February 7, 2014 at 3:22 PM

No need to ditch the phone. Why not download the Spirit points app with BAC and use that virtual currency instead. Transaction fees may be a bit on the high side– 50 cents a point, but they get you places….

5. Posted by guest | February 7, 2014 at 3:28 PM

GENIUS.
    -ken lewis

6. Posted by Guest | February 7, 2014 at 3:32 PM

Tim, just letting you know that Carl called and asked about my letter writing services. Apparently, Twitter won't do for his current mood.

-DLoeb

7. Posted by bozo | February 7, 2014 at 3:49 PM

If obozo's parents were still alive he'd be lliving with them. There is no way this idiot president has the capacity to look out for himself. Cradle to grave, there will always be someone looking out for him. oink oink.

8. Posted by guest | February 7, 2014 at 3:59 PM

are you lost?

9. Posted by guest | February 7, 2014 at 4:00 PM

serious question: do you tea partiers just like open up the internet, spin around three times and start writing in whatever comments section you happen to fall into?

10. Posted by guest | February 7, 2014 at 4:09 PM

sounds about right.

11. Posted by guest | February 7, 2014 at 4:09 PM

you're an idiot

12. Posted by guest | February 7, 2014 at 4:09 PM

right click, my new background

13. Posted by Guest | February 7, 2014 at 4:30 PM

I like to go around four times. I grease my chair with WD-40 every evening to make sure my rotations are seamless and elegant. I also like to deviate sometimes by holding my arms and legs straight out, and then pulling them into my body to increase my speed.

- Rush

14. Posted by guest | February 7, 2014 at 4:54 PM

"I also like to deviate sometimes by holding my arms and legs straight out, and then pulling them into my body to increase my speed. "

literally lol'ing at this image.

15. Posted by bozo | February 7, 2014 at 5:02 PM

You guys realize Bess is a big conservative?

16. Posted by Guest | February 7, 2014 at 5:03 PM

dude of course, who wouldn't. you definitely win the sibling rivalry when you put your parents in the White House.

17. Posted by Lisa | May 14, 2014 at 8:30 AM

I am not happy with apple’s decision to remove a bitcoin app. Some days ago I also used bitcoin apps, it started fast and easy and we can download for Windows, Mac and Linux.