Last summer, Adrian Eady, a banker with Royal Bank of Scotland Group, was nearly crushed hauling a crate of feta cheese off a forklift truck in a North London warehouse. A few months earlier, the state-controlled bank sent Mr. Eady to wear an apron and serve cappuccinos in a cafe. Before that, he was selling novelty greeting cards in a shop. Following a political uproar over a lack of bank lending to small businesses, 81%-government-owned RBS created its “Working With You” program. All RBS corporate bankers must spend at least two days a year working for a customer free of charge. “We do anything they ask,” Mr. Eady says. “If they say ‘make the tea,’ then we make the tea.”[RBS]

1. Posted by That guy | February 25, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Matt had this story in the opening bell yesterday.

2. Posted by Shaz's beard | February 25, 2014 at 2:32 PM

So thats where the Opening Bell went. I just assumed Shazzy traded his meds for some magic beans again.

3. Posted by UBS sucks guy | February 25, 2014 at 2:33 PM

selling novelty greeting cards > RBS associate > UBS MD

4. Posted by guest | February 25, 2014 at 2:35 PM

actually it was today. and no one cares.

5. Posted by guest | February 25, 2014 at 2:35 PM

you're a tool.

6. Posted by guest | February 25, 2014 at 2:36 PM

the fuck?

7. Posted by Dr Snarf | February 25, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Because he's MY butler.

-Seinfeld

8. Posted by guest | February 25, 2014 at 2:37 PM

and half of matt's stories in his morning's link wrap were in OB, which was posted before his.

-think about how much of a little bitch that statement makes me sound, look in the mirror and kill yourself

9. Posted by Galm | February 25, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Back in my day people used to die from asbestos, and we were proud when you did. Means you worked hard and told OSHA to finger themselves. Now a days beta men wearing black thick rimmed glasses are having sons but telling them they should consider growing a vagina. Or a little girl should play with trucks. Only positive soceity has made is that woman wax the fufa now.

10. Posted by Rebecca M. | February 25, 2014 at 3:34 PM

I already have the skirt, but I prefer to not wear the leggings.

-A Male RBS MD

11. Posted by Bubba | February 25, 2014 at 4:18 PM

I want my banker to provide me GFE. And then I want PSE from my loan officer.

12. Posted by guest | February 25, 2014 at 9:56 PM

For once, I only have the second most humiliating job at RBS

– Birthday Chicken

13. Posted by Grexit | February 26, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I am guessing he is a European sovereigns trader and this is just an elaborate metaphor?

14. Posted by CCleaner 4.11.4619 | February 28, 2014 at 9:13 PM