The above are two of our favorites to win for best name, but the evaluation is still ongoing. As for the less important contest – actually picking the games correctly – here’s a quick Sweet 16 update:
* The overall leader is Joe Mallen, whose second bracket is actually in third! Joe picked two identical Final Fours, with Florida winning in one and Michigan State winning in another.
* Speaking of Florida and Michigan State, 71 out of 235 entries have the Gators winning the title while 34 picked the Spartans. Louisville is the championship pick on 30 entries.
* “What Is Computer Worms” also has two entries in the top 10, but picking ousted Wichita State as his champion should bust one of them. Nine others lost their champion when Kentucky beat the Shockers. Other popular losing championship picks include Kansas (14), Syracuse (12), and Duke (8). Someone called “Duke Won” actually entered twice and DIDN’T pick Duke to win.
* “Lebron James Comma CFA” is only beating two other brackets, but at least those two still have their champions alive. Lebron is one of the 12 to pick Syracuse, and only picked 24 of the 48 games correctly these past four days. Not good for Lebron, who’s in the driver’s seat for last place.
* “Secretariat’s Picks” picked decently, but thinks a total of 10 points will be scored in the championship game. It’s safe to say that at the end of this tournament, Secretariat will no longer be undefeated.
Earlier: The Fourth Annual Dealbreaker NCAA Tournament Challenge Today