Once again, as it does every year, US News has released its ranking of the best, not bad, and okay business schools. As this is the sort of thing that inspires unbridled rage over perceived slights like finding out your alma mater dropped one spot or having to suffer the indignity of an inferior institution being too close on the list, and many of your are plain itching to get into a fight, everyone should feel free to do it in this controlled space.

If you’re having trouble working yourself up into a lather but don’t want to be left out of the fun, perhaps consider how it must feel for Wharton to finally have cracked the number one slot only to find out that it’s being split three ways not just with Harvard but with a school that will let anyone in.

104. Northern Arizona University
[...]
25. Vanderbilt University (Owen)
25. University of Washington (Foster)
23. University of Notre Dame (Mendoza)
23. Georgetown University (McDonough)
22. Washington University in St. Louis (Olin)
21. Indiana University—​Bloomington (Kelley)
20. Emory University (Goizueta)
19. University of North Carolina—​Chapel Hill (Kenan-​Flagler)
18. Carnegie Mellon University (Tepper)
17. Cornell University (Johnson)
16. University of California—​Los Angeles (Anderson)
15. University of Texas—​Austin (McCombs)
14. Duke University (Fuqua)
13. Yale University
11. University of Virginia (Darden)
11. University of Michigan—​Ann Arbor (Ross)
10. NYU (Stern)
9. Dartmouth College (Tuck)
8. Columbia University
7. University of California—​Berkeley (Haas)
6. Northwestern University (Kellogg)
5. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Sloan)
4. University of Chicago (Booth)
1. University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)
1. Stanford University
1. Harvard University

Best Business Schools [US News]

1. Posted by Goni | March 11, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Now if this isn't CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN! what is?

2. Posted by Del-a-where | March 11, 2014 at 4:35 PM

If you want to go to a top school bring a gas mask. Some foreigners with straight shit breath breathing in those lecture halls.

3. Posted by guest | March 11, 2014 at 4:36 PM

just fuck off already, please.

4. Posted by Day Dream | March 11, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Give me UCLA. Maybe find a nice place in Santa Monica where Bess and I can grow as a couple. I'll come home after taking a managerial accounting test as she gets back from her Yoga session. She’ll be wearing Lululemon, I'm head-to-toe Bonobos. A simple smirk on her face will remind me how lucky of a man I am. She begins walking towards the bedroom –I follow without hesitation…..

5. Posted by disaster | March 11, 2014 at 5:14 PM

prob is it's no longer hot cali blonds, it's asian robots

6. Posted by Guest | March 11, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Is that a ranking for b-schools producing the top grads or b-schools producing the top felons?

7. Posted by InfiniteSalary | March 11, 2014 at 5:46 PM

I am partial to Northern Arizona. If it's good enough for Comrade Deblassio, it's good enough for me.

8. Posted by biglawinsecure | March 11, 2014 at 5:47 PM

9. Posted by Air Freshener | March 11, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Close your mouth and stop polluting the fucking hallway

, please.

10. Posted by guest | March 11, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Also tied for 1st: Skipping B school altogether.

A2A bitches!

11. Posted by Pervy PM | March 11, 2014 at 7:11 PM

Ass to Ass?

12. Posted by red Cross Country | March 11, 2014 at 7:42 PM

I always said the guy who makes a fleshlight attachment for the TI-83 would make a fortune.

13. Posted by diversity fair in 2B | March 11, 2014 at 7:46 PM

These Ivy schools are really selective. You have to be really smart to get in. Well, unless you're a gay eskimo, or a feminist latina poet, or a black person with a really unique life story, etc etc

I wouldn't even care except this nonsense filters to Wall Street and into the analysts I have to tolerate. My firm's HR department never got the memo that these schools gave up "excellence" for "novelty" a long time ago.

14. Posted by brb the best of | March 11, 2014 at 8:54 PM

How the fuck can there be a six way for 27th?

15. Posted by Jamie | March 11, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Look who's afraid that the smarter kid from India will steal his job…

16. Posted by Jota | March 11, 2014 at 11:11 PM

A2M please, and lick everything off bitch

17. Posted by tic TAC Hindu | March 12, 2014 at 1:33 AM

I'm from India and I don't have shit breath, shit breath

18. Posted by Freddy Nuggins | March 12, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Back in the early '90s, Northwestern beat Chicago for #1 spot. US News then published a "Top 10" list from a student about why Chicago was better than Northwestern. Reason #10 was "Northwestern believes a free lunch really is free." Created a mini shit storm, which made all the better.

19. Posted by Brian Bosworth, CFA | March 12, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I graduated from a top ten b-school…says the diploma holders from about 46 institutions.

-Not a HSW grad

20. Posted by CAPM | March 12, 2014 at 10:52 AM

When I was in business school, attempting to do business school things, and thought that I was making my way in the world, my younger crude oil trading brother came in for a weekend and partied a little bit and said:

"You know what this 'MBA thing' is? It's where people who are losers in the real world get to feel cool."

I never looked at a case study the same way again.

21. Posted by yup | March 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM

curry breath, the answer we were looking for was curry breath.

22. Posted by IBANK4LIFE | March 12, 2014 at 11:19 AM

I'm currently at a Big 4 and looking to get into Ibanking so looking at MBAs. I'm applying to M7 schools and of course HWS. When I go in for MBA interview or i-bank superdays is it cool if I wear my Tag watch? I don't want to piss anyone off by showing my $1k watch. What about French cuffs? Need advice soon, thx

-WSO poster

23. Posted by 2nd Round Star | March 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I wore a $1k watch that my grandpa would always wear when we took baths together. This peculiar bonding experience occurred on the regular until my sophomore year in college. My grandpa would tell me stories from his days in the Navy. I always dreamed of being able to see the world much like he did, so I signed up to study abroad. I ended up in Singapore with a group of fellow like minded individuals that masturbated on public transportation. To answer your question, during the interview make sure you are wearing one rubber sole shoe and other leather.

24. Posted by most pretifge?! | March 12, 2014 at 12:35 PM

+1 Banana point

25. Posted by UBS correction quant | March 12, 2014 at 12:37 PM

i believe it is referred to as "preftige"

26. Posted by math teacher | March 12, 2014 at 12:39 PM

You lost your ability to talk about "preftige" when you signed with UBS

27. Posted by KONG | March 12, 2014 at 3:10 PM

This deserves a Silver Banana! +1 SB

28. Posted by Contributor | March 12, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Hey guys 2nd year PE associate (KKR/Blackstone/Carlyle) came from semi-target, div 3 athlete ask me anything

29. Posted by guest | March 12, 2014 at 3:26 PM

little late there tiger. better luck next time.

30. Posted by CF no A though | March 12, 2014 at 3:50 PM

University of Phoenix?

31. Posted by Guest | March 12, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Was it emotional when you told your dad that you were ghey?

32. Posted by Contributor | March 12, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Yes, but it was a big part of fitting in at one of the above firms.

33. Posted by Besst Guest | March 12, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Bess, let's not forget Harvard's Jeff Immelt and Wharton's Raj Rajaratnam. No school is perfect.

34. Posted by Anderson Cooper | March 12, 2014 at 5:11 PM

It was tough when my hair went gray

35. Posted by guest | March 13, 2014 at 7:55 AM

"prob is it's no longer hot cali blonds, it's asian robots" no idea why this is downvoted. it's the fucking truth.

36. Posted by guest | March 13, 2014 at 7:57 AM

"I think he is implying that he would be dating Bess and engaging with her in some sort of sexual relationship, so who actually goes to UCLA wouldnt affect his life in any way." ..an mba with integrity and a conscience? nice try.

37. Posted by inflation | March 13, 2014 at 10:53 AM

$1k watch from grandpa…are we talking an original owner Rolex Red Sub, maybe a Daytona?

38. Posted by businessexchange | March 27, 2014 at 2:28 AM

An amazing sharing it is indeed!! Franchising is a complicated business I would like to say and without knowing much of it, no body can do such business. This post will help people to learn is franchise really for them or not. Great job!!