- 19 Mar 2014 at 2:31 PM
Since it was restating its financials anyway after the SEC made it consolidate some CLOs, Och-Ziff Capital Management thought it might mention that the SEC (and Justice Dept.) is also interested in some bribery that may or may not have gone on before the Libyan dictator’s end.
Och-Ziff began receiving subpoenas from the Securities and Exchange Commission and requests for information from the Justice Department in 2011, the filing said. The hedge-fund operator said the investigation “concerns an investment by a foreign sovereign wealth fund in some of the Och-Ziff funds in 2007 and investments by some of the funds, both directly and indirectly, in a number of companies in Africa.”
The investigation involves the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Och-Ziff said. That law prohibits U.S. companies and companies listed on U.S. stock exchanges from paying bribes to foreign officials. U.S. authorities consider employees of state-owned investment funds, such as the Libyan Investment Authority, to be foreign officials….
Och-Ziff said it was “unable to determine how the investigation will conclude” and that an “adverse outcome could have a material effect” on its business and “financial condition.”
Och-Ziff also said that it had cooperated with “a number of ongoing regulatory investigations and examinations, both domestically and internationally” and said it expected further regulatory scrutiny in the future.
- Och-Ziff May Have Been A Little Too Friendly With Gaddafi’s Sovereign Wealth Fund March 19, 2014
- Argentina Showing All Of The Urgency Of A Country Not About To Needlessly Default For The Second Time In 13 Years July 28, 2014
- 07/28/14: The Greatest Day Of Bill Ackman's Life Thus Far July 28, 2014
- Steve Cohen Attends Party, Dresses Like A 'Schlub': Bloomberg July 28, 2014
- CFA Level I And II Results Are Out Tomorrow: Start Freaking Out Today July 28, 2014
- Cynk Short-Sellers Screwed Again July 28, 2014
- Hedge Fund Manager Thinks World’s Just About Over This Whole Apple Fad July 25, 2014
- Bear Stearns Exec Who Straddled World Of Wall Street And Magicianry Is No Longer July 25, 2014
- Where Does Manipulating Libor, Screwing Over Customers Rate On The Ha, HAHA, Hehehe, LOL Scale? July 28, 2014
- We Are Just Over Two Months Away From Finding Out What Brian Hunter Looks Like July 28, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com