- 19 Mar 2014 at 3:31 PM
In November 2010, a private equity exec named Russell Stildoph launched his car 45 feet into the air and parked it on the second story of someone’s house. In the years since, no one has come close to the high bar he set for excellence in the vehicular arts space that night in Connecticut.. Until now.
The woman who sources believe crashed over a concrete barrier and onto a passing Q train before fleeing the scene on foot Wednesday morning called police six hours later and claimed that she was carjacked. The 20-year-old woman was being questioned at the 70th Precinct stationhouse after her dad’s Nissan SUV plowed through a quiet cul-de-sac on Albemarle Road, at East 16th Street, about 5 a.m. and used a waist-high concrete barrier to the above-ground tracks as a ramp and propel her front wheels through a chain-link fence onto the roof of a south-bound Q carrying 50 passengers, sources said. She called police about 11 a.m. and told them that she had been driving the SUV when a man carjacked her and took them on the wild ride, sources said. Investigators were asking her why she waited six hours before calling police and trying to find any witnesses who saw a man also leaving the scene, sources said. Initial witnesses only saw a woman leave the wreck, sources said.
The crash site was chaotic in the hours after as neighbors who had slept through the incident awoke to helicopters overhead and crews spraying sparks as they tried to mend the fence. The subway car involved in the Wednesday crash sustained only minimal damage, the MTA said. No injuries were reported, an FDNY spokesman said.
Related: How Fast Do We Think Connecticut Investment Manager Russell Stildolph Was Going When He Launched His Porsche 35 Feet In The Air?; Correction: Investment Manager’s Car Was Airborn For Forty-Five Feet Before Crash Landing And Driver Does Remember *One* Thing From That Night; Investment Manager Who Drunkenly Launched His Porsche 35 Feet In The Air Is Hoping We Can Forget This Whole Thing
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Sleep Where Ken Griffin (And The Soon-To-Be Ex-Mrs. Griffin) Hath Slept
- Christmas Comes Early At Casa De Falcone
- Coming Soon: Dealbreaker Dramatic Reading Night Part IV
- Hedge Funds Great At Picking Absolutely The Worst Stocks This Year
- Area Man Underestimates Just How Much Steve Cohen Hates His Ex-Wife
- Former JP Morgan Employee Trades "Root Of All Evil" Gig For Extreme Water Sports
- Opening Bell: 11.26.14
- Restaurant Offering 35k Thanksgiving Dinner Just Saying Think About It
- The 2014 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com