- 19 Mar 2014 at 3:31 PM
In November 2010, a private equity exec named Russell Stildoph launched his car 45 feet into the air and parked it on the second story of someone’s house. In the years since, no one has come close to the high bar he set for excellence in the vehicular arts space that night in Connecticut.. Until now.
The woman who sources believe crashed over a concrete barrier and onto a passing Q train before fleeing the scene on foot Wednesday morning called police six hours later and claimed that she was carjacked. The 20-year-old woman was being questioned at the 70th Precinct stationhouse after her dad’s Nissan SUV plowed through a quiet cul-de-sac on Albemarle Road, at East 16th Street, about 5 a.m. and used a waist-high concrete barrier to the above-ground tracks as a ramp and propel her front wheels through a chain-link fence onto the roof of a south-bound Q carrying 50 passengers, sources said. She called police about 11 a.m. and told them that she had been driving the SUV when a man carjacked her and took them on the wild ride, sources said. Investigators were asking her why she waited six hours before calling police and trying to find any witnesses who saw a man also leaving the scene, sources said. Initial witnesses only saw a woman leave the wreck, sources said.
The crash site was chaotic in the hours after as neighbors who had slept through the incident awoke to helicopters overhead and crews spraying sparks as they tried to mend the fence. The subway car involved in the Wednesday crash sustained only minimal damage, the MTA said. No injuries were reported, an FDNY spokesman said.
Related: How Fast Do We Think Connecticut Investment Manager Russell Stildolph Was Going When He Launched His Porsche 35 Feet In The Air?; Correction: Investment Manager’s Car Was Airborn For Forty-Five Feet Before Crash Landing And Driver Does Remember *One* Thing From That Night; Investment Manager Who Drunkenly Launched His Porsche 35 Feet In The Air Is Hoping We Can Forget This Whole Thing
- Russell Stildoph Meets His Match March 19, 2014
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed September 17, 2014
- Harvard Professor Been Waiting 39 Years To Nail Lloyd Blankfein To The Wall September 18, 2014
- Tom Brady Could've Been The Tom Brady Of Merrill Lynch September 18, 2014
- Call The (Alibaba) Close (UPDATE) September 19, 2014
- Sex, Shoe Bonuses For Interns NBD At UBS (Update) September 15, 2014
- Opening Bell: 09.19.14 September 19, 2014
- Alibaba Rank And File Employees Super Excited (That The Weekend Is Here) September 19, 2014
- Man Posting Photos Of Near-Naked Women To Instagram Amazingly Has Lots Of Followers September 17, 2014
- Bank Of America's Attempt To Get Out Of 99th Billion Dollar Fine Probably Unsuccessful September 19, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com