- 01 Apr 2014 at 9:30 AM
The Financial Conduct Authority of Britain said on Monday that it would review the efforts investment banks are making to prevent manipulation of key benchmarks.
The initiative was announced as part of the agency’s business plan, in which it is seeking an increase of its budget to 452 million pounds, or about $752 million, for the 2014-15 fiscal year….
“We will increase the intensity with which we supervise wholesale conduct to ensure transactions between more sophisticated market participants do not have a harmful impact on market integrity,” the regulator said. “Through this we will also help prevent risks from the wholesale markets causing harm to retail consumers.”
- FCA Will Try Harder To Take The ‘London’ Out Of ‘London Interbank Offered Rate Manipulation’ April 1, 2014
- Steve Ballmer Offers Primer On How To Buy A Major League Sports Team August 26, 2014
- Warren Buffett Levers His Own LBO February 14, 2013
- 108 Year-Old Investor Recommends Cheeseburgers August 25, 2014
- Purveyor Of Cake Sized Cupcakes Back For All Your Eating Challenge Wants And Needs August 26, 2014
- Pay Hike Watch '14: Raises For Everyone (Under 25)! August 21, 2014
- Goldman Tells Potential Partners Not To Get Their Hopes Up August 25, 2014
- Hedge Fund Becomes Latest To Mess With Knicks Fans’ Emotions August 26, 2014
- David Einhorn Wants Apple To Issue Pretty Much All The Preferred Stock In The World February 21, 2013
- Opening Bell: 08.26.14 August 26, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com