- 01 Apr 2014 at 9:30 AM
The Financial Conduct Authority of Britain said on Monday that it would review the efforts investment banks are making to prevent manipulation of key benchmarks.
The initiative was announced as part of the agency’s business plan, in which it is seeking an increase of its budget to 452 million pounds, or about $752 million, for the 2014-15 fiscal year….
“We will increase the intensity with which we supervise wholesale conduct to ensure transactions between more sophisticated market participants do not have a harmful impact on market integrity,” the regulator said. “Through this we will also help prevent risks from the wholesale markets causing harm to retail consumers.”
- FCA Will Try Harder To Take The ‘London’ Out Of ‘London Interbank Offered Rate Manipulation’ April 1, 2014
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed September 17, 2014
- Harvard Professor Been Waiting 39 Years To Nail Lloyd Blankfein To The Wall September 18, 2014
- Tom Brady Could've Been The Tom Brady Of Merrill Lynch September 18, 2014
- Sex, Shoe Bonuses For Interns NBD At UBS (Update) September 15, 2014
- Call The (Alibaba) Close (UPDATE) September 19, 2014
- Argentine President Preparing Actual Debt-Crisis Hail Mary September 19, 2014
- Opening Bell: 09.19.14 September 19, 2014
- Bank Of America's Attempt To Get Out Of 99th Billion Dollar Fine Probably Unsuccessful September 19, 2014
- Man Posting Photos Of Near-Naked Women To Instagram Amazingly Has Lots Of Followers September 17, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com