…on Thursday, U.S. District Judge Laura Swain is scheduled to punctuate the firm’s remarkable downfall when she rules on its plea to criminal insider-trading charges. If Judge Swain accepts the plea, as expected, the firm will pay an additional $1.2 billion in penalties, including the largest criminal fine ever in an insider-trading case. Since the guilty plea last November, portfolio managers who oversaw more than 10% of SAC’s capital have either left or announced plans to leave, according to people familiar with the firm’s operations. “How could I tell my kids I stayed at a firm that admitted to insider trading?” said one former employee. [WSJ]

1. Posted by Kid a | April 9, 2014 at 9:58 AM

You've still got SAC taint dad.

2. Posted by Dr Snarf | April 9, 2014 at 10:16 AM

And then SAC was left with nothing but some old hot dog water.

3. Posted by Viva La France | April 9, 2014 at 11:04 AM

You're kid will probably grow up to be a douche. 10 bucks his name is Tucker or Carter or some fucktard name like that.

4. Posted by guest | April 9, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Well wtf did you tell your kid before? "I work at a place that trades on inside information, but – and this is important son/daughter – we haven't *gotten caught* yet."

5. Posted by hoorah | April 9, 2014 at 11:13 AM

Son you keep your goddamn mouth shut at "Uncle Steves" and don't touch the 200 million dollar fish……

6. Posted by Gauloisesbleu | April 9, 2014 at 11:19 AM

Did not mean to offend, Jean Claude. It's not like announcing your euro roots to all is pretentious. Would Pepe le Pew work for you?

Asterix?

Marquis de Sade?

7. Posted by Nervous Jew | April 9, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Awkward conversations make me very nervous.

8. Posted by Guest | April 9, 2014 at 12:03 PM

How do you explain to your kid what insider trading actually is? No seriously, I've been reading Matt's articles and I have the financial knowledge of at least an average Stamford high schooler (private, not public school obviously) and I'm still confused. Passing tips on notecards at Penn Station = bad; buying OTM call options on companies with tickers similar to merger targets = ok?

9. Posted by Quant me maybe ... | April 9, 2014 at 12:29 PM

RE this shit (part II)….

> Easy, IM them at their boarding school and let them know there's a public school eduction in their future if you leave.

10. Posted by Dumbass Oil Trader | April 9, 2014 at 12:30 PM

I'm just a dumbass oil trader but I read Matt's comments to be that some things are apparently legal or whatevs and what's all the fuss about until the law has been changed?

11. Posted by Guest | April 9, 2014 at 12:44 PM

"I'll be heading to HSBC where they admit to laundering drug money," he added.

12. Posted by Guest | April 9, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Daughter? Would she understand anyways?

13. Posted by guest | April 9, 2014 at 12:59 PM

you are kid?

14. Posted by Suspicious Jew | April 9, 2014 at 12:59 PM

As a seasoned reader of DB and fan of Nervous Jew's work, I find the long period of silence followed by "your" recent resurgence with comments that don't quite fit the style to be very suspicious. I suspect you're not actually Nervous Jew, but rather someone who has appropriated his name and used it to capitalize on his hard-earned, DB-commenter capital.

Which, if we're being honest, would make Nervous Jew very nervous.

15. Posted by B, Schwarz Point 72 | April 9, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Hey !

16. Posted by krzy51 | April 9, 2014 at 7:58 PM

Fush SAC. Who cares? And the Fat Man walks away with $6bn anyway. I guess that was all made before he started insider trading. Another fat rich loser.