- 28 May 2014 at 1:56 PM
Even the most incompetent (or, if you prefer, corrupt) organizations occasionally get something right, especially when they are not being paid to get it wrong in a client’s favor. This seems to be one of those occasions, meaning that Elon Musk may not need to hit up his rich friends for the $200K a month he needs to survive (and fly), but he might have to pay a little more to get it from the capital markets.
Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services labeled Tesla Motors Inc. a “vulnerable” investment, giving it a noninvestment-grade corporate debt rating of B-.
The rating, four levels below investment grade, is unsolicited because Palo Alto, Calif.-based Tesla doesn’t have a rating agreement with the S&P to rate its debt, but S&P said there was sufficient investor interest to go forward with the rating….
The ratings firm estimates that Tesla will burn cash in 2014 and 2015 as large capital expenses connected to building a giant battery factory, Supercharger stations, showrooms and service facilities as well as developing the Model X SUV and another smaller car will use more cash than it will generate through selling new vehicles, said Nishit Madlani, a credit analyst with S&P.
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Lets Analysts Deal With His 28k Strip Club Tabs
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly Taking A Timeout From Investment Banking
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Jefferies Exec Sage Kelly (Allegedly!) Employs Unorthodox Approach For Landing Clients (Update)
- Jefferies Management Letting Clean Urine Samples Do The Talking
- Money Manager Holding Credit Suisse's Funds Hostage Elevates The Whole "I'm 5 Minutes Away!" Text When You Haven't Yet Left Your Apartment To A New Level
- Things Could Be Worse But They Could Also Be Better At Jefferies Right Now
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Opening Bell: 10.31.14
- Banker Who Faked His Own Death Fielding Hedge Fund Jobs Offers Left And Right, Says Banker Who Faked His Own Death
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com