- 13 May 2014 at 5:00 PM
Are Charlie Gasparino’s tweets at the general public getting in the way of your tracking who Carl Icahn is dining with this week, but don’t want him to know you’re silencing them? The programmers are here to help.
Today we’re beginning to introduce a new account feature called mute to people who use our iPhone and Android apps and twitter.com. Mute gives you even more control over the content you see on Twitter by letting you remove a user’s content from key parts of your Twitter experience.
In the same way you can turn on device notifications so you never miss a Tweet from your favorite users, you can now mute users you’d like to hear from less. Muting a user on Twitter means their Tweets and Retweets will no longer be visible in your home timeline, and you will no longer receive push or SMS notifications from that user. The muted user will still be able to favorite, reply to and retweet your Tweets; you just won’t see any of that activity in your timeline. The muted user will not know that you’ve muted him/her, and of course you can unmute at any time.
- Temporarily Cleanse Your Twitter Feed Of The Phrase 'Drag Your Ass Down The BQE' May 13, 2014
- Guy Who's Short Herbalife Says Guy Who's Long Herbalife Saying Guy Who's Short Herbalife Saying Herbalife Is A Fraud Is A Fraud Is A Fraud March 13, 2013
- SEC Charges Guy With Being Very Bad Roommate September 30, 2014
- Opening Bell: 10.01.14 October 1, 2014
- BofA Kinda Forgot That Structured Notes Mature September 30, 2014
- Mike Corbat's Sales Pitch To Would-Be Junior Bankers For Joining Citi: You Can't All Work At Hedge Funds October 1, 2014
- Caption Contest Tuesday: Charlie Gasparino Will Take A Five Day Break From The Gym Before He Breaks Out A Swiffer Sweeper September 30, 2014
- John Paulson Doesn’t Want To Run A Mutual Fund, But… October 1, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com