News

Let’s Talk About: CFA Results

On a Saturday in June, men and women around took a couple of tests. They were the Level I and II of the CFA and while outsiders, family members, MBA grads and the like would never understand how much these exams meant, test-takers knew all too well. Hundreds of hours of studying. Thousands of dollars in test prep books and classes. Social lives sacrificed. Memorial Day weekends uncelebrated. Relationships with neighbors on the receiving end of multiple requests to “Shut the hell up in there I’m trying to study!” more than a little be strained. Episodes of Ladies of London never watched. The downside would be that it was all for nothing. The up? The thrill of one day putting those three little letters next to their name.

The ensuing weeks have undoubtedly been torture. Going over the answers in one’s mind and then going over them again. Comparing notes with a friend only to find you put down the exact opposite, comforting yourself with the knowledge that this guy is the dumbest person you know, only to wake up in a cold sweat with the terrifying thought that he might be an idiot savant whose brilliance lies in taking standardized tests about asset valuation, financial reporting and analysis, and portfolio management techniques.

So while today, and the days leading up, have been full of nerves, it also brings sweet relief. No more second-guessing. No more excusing yourself during conference calls to go throw up. No more alienating your friends by trying and failing to explain to them the concept of CFA Camp.

Of course, the 42% and 46% of Level I and Level II takers who passed are probably feeling a bit better than those who did not. If you’re in the latter group, remember: no one is perfect, not even the former CEO of the CFA Institute. And if you need a place to talk about how you’re feeling, go on and let out.

CFA Exam Results [CFAI]

43 comments

43 Responses to “Let’s Talk About: CFA Results”

1. Guy with Questions says:

When is Matt finally going to take Level II? When is Shazar going to start offering handys in an alley next to Javits to relieve mid exam stress?

2. Hobbes says:

Either Level I candidates are getting smarter, or the Institute is lowering its standards.

I think we all know the answer.

3. Standardized Hater says:

Serious question: How much does having a CFA impact a person? Obviously it's some advantage. Please enlighten me

4. gust says:

Bands won't make her dance.

5. Guest says:

Anyone know when last summer's Level 1 result will be released?

– UBS Ebola Quant, Monrovia, Liberia

6. Mr. Rogers says:

Passed level 2 today. Study time was just my nights and weekends for a month. This exam is weak, which is why they need to resort to artificially enhancing difficulty through b*tch moves like offering it only once a year and designing the answers to confuse people (choose A if statement 2 is correct, B if statement 1 is correct, etc). I'm going to get my CFA and then not want to hire CFAs because I know what a joke it is.

7. 2 bps says:

All that so they can pitch a growth and income fund for Johnnys college fund.

8. Guest says:

Passed Level I. No snark, just happy about it.

– Guy who isn't jaded about the process just yet.

9. Guest says:

Finally passed Level II on my third try. There would have been no fourth try, so now I get to waste more time studying for Level III.

10. Guest says:

I paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssed !!!

Back in 1963, bitchez. When the pass rate for Level I was 0%.

11. N Wacker Stud says:

A CFA guarantees anal from any women you so choose. ANAL!

12. Guest says:

Passed Level II after passing Level I in December. The past month has been me remembering that weekends exist.

I'm happy, but fuck the CFA. See you guys next year.

13. Gold to $5,000/oz says:

Why do you all want a fucking CFA charter anyway? Looking at the financial landscape since 2007 I'd say all those smart, achieving assholes kind of fucked things up. Your CFA charter won't unfuck the economy. What's it good for?

14. GSelevator says:

fuck CFA too, i also passed 1 and 2 first attempts back to back

15. Playa Hata says:

Anyone hear about research fees and trading fees becoming separate entities? Fuck the CFA its all over in 5 years. Hate hate hate!