• 01 Jul 2014 at 12:59 PM

Some World Cup Games More Important Than Others

US-based BNP Paribas employees learned that the hard way.

From the front lines:

“Working for a French bank: When France plays their Round of 16 match, BNPP sends an email announcing that a large conference room on client floor is set up for viewing. When the U.S. plays, they schedule a 4:45 offsite “town hall” meeting to discuss the settlement.”

1. Posted by Angry american | July 1, 2014 at 1:08 PM

They are all probably wearing scarves on the hottest day of the year. We should have taken them over after WW 2 and did the world a favor. With their BO, cigarette breath and their shitty moral compasses all of them. Im sure they will wind up canning a bunch of innocents as well over this. Bonuses could be a negative number. Fuck em all

2. Posted by Zacharelli | July 1, 2014 at 1:31 PM

The French smell like cheesy afterbirth

3. Posted by Guest | July 1, 2014 at 1:45 PM

What email did they send out when Iran played? A spoofed return address from @CreditSuisseComplianz.com?

4. Posted by Calyon Quant | July 1, 2014 at 1:57 PM

5. Posted by Guest | July 1, 2014 at 2:03 PM

I used to wash my clothes with Calyon, but I noticed when the clothes were a little bit dirty the detergent just surrendered. So I changed to Tide.

6. Posted by Guest | July 1, 2014 at 2:11 PM

I am sorry, meant to sign as UBS CEO. We got some beers for the match, so I feel a little bit slow.

– UBS CEO aka 'Downy Quant'

7. Posted by Beatrice Mars | July 1, 2014 at 3:07 PM

The Geezer says Paribas have been a bunch of assholes since the early 80s when they did all the fee-based L/Cs for the oil certification traders in Houston. He said it was a monopoly for Paribas New York until a rogue branch of Paribas opened up a Houston office to compete with the established New York office that had been providing credit instruments. I would ask him what music he was listening to back in those days but he is busy using a Goldman Sachs business card's edge to clean his fingernails and appears to not want to be disturbed.

-Geezer Oil Trader's British Intern for the Summer

8. Posted by Thomas LePetomaine | July 1, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Don't get saucy with me, Bernaise
    -Count DeMoney

9. Posted by itsgoodtobedaking | July 1, 2014 at 5:16 PM

De monaaay, de monaaay

10. Posted by Chimpahan | July 2, 2014 at 5:16 PM

Worst dude I ever worked with was an American at a French bank …. he knew about every front-running scam around , but pretended to not hear a word of it