Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
- 11 Aug 2014 at 5:19 PM
Thanks to its insistence on calling Ronald Reagan’s little Nicaraguan adventure a violation of international law, the International Court of Justice now has to ask the United States’ permission before accepting any lawsuits against it. Like, you know, from certain uniquely recalcitrant debtors who’d like to see a certain judge go away, or at least have his rulings declared a violation of international law.
Well, Barack Obama would just as soon have Argentina figure this thing out without the Hague getting involved. Maybe by talking to the hedge funds it owes money to, but more likely by having Mike Corbat and Jamie Dimon bail it out. Either way, the folks at the ICJ shouldn’t be holding their breath waiting for a green light from Washington.
“We do not view the ICJ as an appropriate venue for addressing Argentina’s debt issues, and we continue to urge Argentina to engage with its creditors to resolve remaining issues with bondholders,” a State Department spokeswoman said Friday.
This is very bad news for afficiandos of sub-$15 Malbecs.
Amid Argentina’s escalating inflation, labor costs were soaring, and he could no longer make a profit on the lowest-priced bottles selling at retail for $9 to $12. A national economic downturn that is battering everything from auto makers to the real-estate market hasn’t spared the niche industry in western Argentina….
“We were forced to stop supplying” wines in the lower price range, Mr. Ortega says. “When the situation clears up, we can go back to these projects.”
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- If You Stand Perfectly Still, Dan Loeb Cannot See You: Sony Execs
- Arizona State Now Has Multiple Business Schools To Choose From
- Buy Anything With The Word ‘Cuba’ In It
- Bonus Watch '14: Citigroup
- Janet Yellen Politely Asks Elizabeth Warren To Shove It
- Bonus Watch '14: Investment Analyst Turned Fantasy Sports Team General Manager
- Ex-Jefferies Exec Convicted Of Fraud Has Bone To Pick With The Guy Who Turned Him In
- Bill Ackman Just Can't Help Himself
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com