- 25 Aug 2014 at 12:36 PM
Once again, there will be fewer partners and potentially more David Teppers at Goldman later this year: The Elect plan to add no more than 70 to their number in the bi-annual life-changing ritual, unless an extra few really, really impress Michael Sherwood over the next couple of months. For new partners not only crowd the inner circle—they also cost a great deal. And if the 409 already at the pinnacle are going to continue to rake it in exercising stock options, those costs need to be kept down.
The New York securities firm is likely to bestow its prestigious partner designation, which often comes with millions of dollars in annual pay, on no more than 70 employees, said people familiar with the matter.
That is in line with Goldman’s 2012 class, the smallest since the Wall Street giant went public in 1999….
The trend is clear: The route to Goldman’s top ranks is getting even more arduous.
- Goldman Tells Potential Partners Not To Get Their Hopes Up August 25, 2014
- Harvard Professor Been Waiting 39 Years To Nail Lloyd Blankfein To The Wall September 18, 2014
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed September 17, 2014
- Call The (Alibaba) Close (UPDATE) September 19, 2014
- Steve Cohen Is Looking For A New Right Hand September 19, 2014
- Sex, Shoe Bonuses For Interns NBD At UBS (Update) September 15, 2014
- Alibaba Rank And File Employees Super Excited (That The Weekend Is Here) September 19, 2014
- Tom Brady Could've Been The Tom Brady Of Merrill Lynch September 18, 2014
- Man Posting Photos Of Near-Naked Women To Instagram Amazingly Has Lots Of Followers September 17, 2014
- Bank Of America's Attempt To Get Out Of 99th Billion Dollar Fine Probably Unsuccessful September 19, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com