- 25 Aug 2014 at 12:36 PM
Once again, there will be fewer partners and potentially more David Teppers at Goldman later this year: The Elect plan to add no more than 70 to their number in the bi-annual life-changing ritual, unless an extra few really, really impress Michael Sherwood over the next couple of months. For new partners not only crowd the inner circle—they also cost a great deal. And if the 409 already at the pinnacle are going to continue to rake it in exercising stock options, those costs need to be kept down.
The New York securities firm is likely to bestow its prestigious partner designation, which often comes with millions of dollars in annual pay, on no more than 70 employees, said people familiar with the matter.
That is in line with Goldman’s 2012 class, the smallest since the Wall Street giant went public in 1999….
The trend is clear: The route to Goldman’s top ranks is getting even more arduous.
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Every Sexual Harassment Allegation Against Fired Female HSBC Exec Is Worse Than The Last
- George Soros's Daughter-In-Law Wants To See The Part Of The Pre-Nup Where She Isn't Entitled To Every Last Cent
- If You've Got Train Fare, UBS Has Got An Exciting Opportunity In Stamford For You
- HSBC Adds Another Notch To The Ole 'Sued By An Employee Who Was Punished After Reporting Sexual Harassment' Belt
- Ken Griffin Introduces The Concept Of His Divorce Voice
- Bill Ackman Can't Possibly Be Expected To Remember All The Great Ideas He's Ever Had
- Opening Bell: 10.24.14
- Ray Dalio Will Not Have Some 2-Bit Ex-Employees Trading On His Name, Not Even If They've Got The Moves Of Fred Astaire
- Hedge Fund Manager Not Impressed By Marissa Mayer’s Victory Speech
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com