• 04 Aug 2014 at 12:37 PM

Meanwhile, In The Hamptons (Update)

An egg salad recipe worth an estimated $4,000 has gone missing and every summer-sharing junior banker sleeping three to a bed, VP looking to transition from Wall Street to the culinary arts, and senior executive who’s spent years attempting to find the secret ingredient is a suspect.

[Erica Orden via Gawker]

UPDATE: CALL OFF THE SEARCH PARTY.

1. Posted by guest | August 4, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Okay team, what we're looking for is:
    -someone with a place in the hamptons
    -time on their hands
    -an insatiable appetite
    -a documented love of cooking shows

seems like all points lead to SC.

2. Posted by guest | August 4, 2014 at 12:47 PM

god damn that looks good.
    -starving and easily distracted guest

3. Posted by Angela Merkin | August 4, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Either it's a huge coincidence that the guy's name means "Egg Salad" in German, or this is a prank.

- Not a Deutschebanker, but I play one on TV.

4. Posted by Brendan J. O'Reilly | August 4, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Here is the source of this story: http://danspapers.com/2014/08/hamptons-police-blo

5. Posted by SoupNazi | August 4, 2014 at 12:57 PM

I know how you feel

6. Posted by guest | August 4, 2014 at 1:00 PM

"summer-sharing junior banker sleeping three to a bed"

go on.

-jgunds

7. Posted by Cougar Hunter | August 4, 2014 at 1:07 PM

I'm too busy trying to bag all the desperate 40 somethings out there so you know I'm not interested in fresh eggs if you catch my drift. Other than that pass the salt and pepper bitches

8. Posted by guest | August 4, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I read this as "too busy trying to ball gag all these desperate 40 somethings out there"

…still works.

9. Posted by UBS Senior Quant | August 4, 2014 at 1:15 PM

I finished the valuation crunch for the egg salad, sir. We've got a low end coming in at only $4,000 but the curve immediately pushes up to infinity. As the graph clearly shows that it is priceless, I suggest that we issue a 'hold' recommendation on the next investor note.

10. Posted by bob | August 5, 2014 at 12:58 AM
  11. Posted by A Good Thing | August 5, 2014 at 6:56 AM

What's Martha Stewart's alibi?

Or, he's using this planted 'theft' to weasel his way to an appearance on her show.