Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
- 29 Aug 2014 at 12:13 PM
You can do the work yourself, what with all of the new information banks will have to disclose about all of the garbage they’re hiding in them. Or you can trust that the ratings agencies will live up to the spirit of the new rule directing them to do what they say they do, rather than what’s good for them.
The SEC voted unanimously to require banks and other firms to provide investors with more details about mortgages and other loans pooled into bonds known as asset-backed securities….
The SEC also approved by a 3-2 vote sweeping restrictions on such firms as Moody’s Investors Service and Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services. The firms have been criticized for failing to adequately sound alarms about flawed mortgage securities ahead of the crisis, and they will now be required to adopt procedures to ensure their interest in winning business doesn’t affect ratings analysis.
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Arizona State Now Has Multiple Business Schools To Choose From
- Ex-Jefferies Exec Convicted Of Fraud Has Bone To Pick With The Guy Who Turned Him In
- Ruble’s Historic Freefall, Russian Economic Collapse Not Fazing Vladimir Putin
- Banks Still Pretty Pissed Off Their Shady Mortgage Dealings Came So Expensively To Light
- Point72 Asset Management Now Has A Unit Called "Creating Rubric Capital"
- Bonus Watch '14: Financial Services Employees Across The Pond Like Their Odds
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- Opening Bell: 12.22.14
- Sage Kelly Bids Jefferies Adieu
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com