- 29 Aug 2014 at 12:13 PM
You can do the work yourself, what with all of the new information banks will have to disclose about all of the garbage they’re hiding in them. Or you can trust that the ratings agencies will live up to the spirit of the new rule directing them to do what they say they do, rather than what’s good for them.
The SEC voted unanimously to require banks and other firms to provide investors with more details about mortgages and other loans pooled into bonds known as asset-backed securities….
The SEC also approved by a 3-2 vote sweeping restrictions on such firms as Moody’s Investors Service and Standard & Poor’s Ratings Services. The firms have been criticized for failing to adequately sound alarms about flawed mortgage securities ahead of the crisis, and they will now be required to adopt procedures to ensure their interest in winning business doesn’t affect ratings analysis.
- You Now Have Two Ways To Evaluate Mortgage-Backed Securities August 29, 2014
- Ray Dalio Not Sure Why Recording People Talking About A Colleague's Mistakes And Weaknesses And Then Playing Back The Tape For Said Colleague Would Be Viewed As Anything Other Than Positive September 22, 2014
- UBS Not Going To Let France Make An Example Of Its Admittedly Illegal Business Practices September 22, 2014
- Opening Bell: 09.22.14 September 22, 2014
- Harvard Professor Been Waiting 39 Years To Nail Lloyd Blankfein To The Wall September 18, 2014
- Bond Lovers Should Run And Hide: Julian Robertson September 22, 2014
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed September 17, 2014
- Destin, FL Can’t Compete With One Man’s Alibaba Excitement September 22, 2014
- Blackstone Is Taking A Break From Russia September 22, 2014
- Bonus Watch '14: Whistleblower From Who All Would-Be Whistleblowers Could Learn A Thing Or Two September 22, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com