Also, he’d love to one day open a chain of supermarkets and call them “Snoopermarkets.”
- 02 Dec 2009 at 2:37 PM
Yesterday The Big Picture’s Barry Ritholtz challenged three other business/finance bloggers to start an “9/11 Options Grantee fund.”
Now we have their responses.
Larry Ribstein: “Clever ploy, Big Picture, but it doesn’t work.”
Steven Bainbridge: “Ditto.”
Eddy Elfenbein: “So Barry, but I won’t bite.”
Also, you can check what DealBreaker’s readers think of the post-9/11 options grant here.
The debate about 9/11 options grants just got more interesting. Over at the Big Picture, Barry Ritholtz lays down a challenge. He wants Professor Bainbridge, Larry Ribstein and Eddy Elfenbein—who have defended the grants—to put their money where the mouths are—in a 9/11 Options Grantee Fund.
Let’s assemble the 9/11 Options Grantee fund (that’s a catchier title than the “Apologist Fund”). Then, I propose that Bainbridge and Ribstein and Elfenbein put their actual money at risk with this collection of fine, fine human beings and outstanding corporate executives.
I say less talk, and more actual money at risk.
Its time for the chattering class to step up and prove they have the right stuff. Few things focus the mind like hard earned cash at actual risk. Under those circumstances, will the apologisms somehow become less glib than the what we have seen so far? (That’s my suspicion).
The Apologist’s Fund: a 9/11 Options Grantee Investment [The Big Picture]
- Snoop Dogg "Loves Magic Johnson's Business Model" December 2, 2009
- Sex, Shoe Bonuses For Interns NBD At UBS (Update) September 15, 2014
- Layoffs Watch '14: Bank of America September 16, 2014
- Opening Bell: 09.17.14 September 17, 2014
- Wal-Mart Flack Should Thank His Lucky Stars Dan Loeb Doesn't Have A Position In WMT September 16, 2014
- This Wedding Season, Give The Gift Of BABA, AAPL, DNKN* September 16, 2014
- Brian Hunter Still Has $750K To His Name September 16, 2014
- Goldman Sachs: Teacher’s Pet September 16, 2014
- Citigroup Will Get Out Of Subprime Lending No Matter What It Takes September 16, 2014
- Hedge Fund To Olive Garden: You Wanna Make Some Real Money? Cut The Breadstick Bull Sh*t September 12, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com