Also, he’d love to one day open a chain of supermarkets and call them “Snoopermarkets.”
- 02 Dec 2009 at 2:37 PM
Yesterday The Big Picture’s Barry Ritholtz challenged three other business/finance bloggers to start an “9/11 Options Grantee fund.”
Now we have their responses.
Larry Ribstein: “Clever ploy, Big Picture, but it doesn’t work.”
Steven Bainbridge: “Ditto.”
Eddy Elfenbein: “So Barry, but I won’t bite.”
Also, you can check what DealBreaker’s readers think of the post-9/11 options grant here.
The debate about 9/11 options grants just got more interesting. Over at the Big Picture, Barry Ritholtz lays down a challenge. He wants Professor Bainbridge, Larry Ribstein and Eddy Elfenbein—who have defended the grants—to put their money where the mouths are—in a 9/11 Options Grantee Fund.
Let’s assemble the 9/11 Options Grantee fund (that’s a catchier title than the “Apologist Fund”). Then, I propose that Bainbridge and Ribstein and Elfenbein put their actual money at risk with this collection of fine, fine human beings and outstanding corporate executives.
I say less talk, and more actual money at risk.
Its time for the chattering class to step up and prove they have the right stuff. Few things focus the mind like hard earned cash at actual risk. Under those circumstances, will the apologisms somehow become less glib than the what we have seen so far? (That’s my suspicion).
The Apologist’s Fund: a 9/11 Options Grantee Investment [The Big Picture]
- Snoop Dogg "Loves Magic Johnson's Business Model" December 2, 2009
- Argentina Ready To Solve This Thing If You’ll Just Give It Everything It Wants July 25, 2014
- Hedge Fund Manager Thinks World’s Just About Over This Whole Apple Fad July 25, 2014
- Opening Bell: 07.25.14 July 25, 2014
- Bill Ackman Hates The Hell Out Of Herbalife Because God Damnit He Loves America July 22, 2014
- Bear Stearns Exec Who Straddled World Of Wall Street And Magicianry Is No Longer July 25, 2014
- Deutsche Bank CFO Probably Doing Some Soul-Searching Right About Now July 23, 2014
- Opening Bell: 07.24.14 July 24, 2014
- David Tepper's Lucky Charm(s) December 21, 2009
- Wharton Alums Not Interested In Spending Any More Time Together Than Absolutely Necessary July 24, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com