Also, he’d love to one day open a chain of supermarkets and call them “Snoopermarkets.”
- 02 Dec 2009 at 2:37 PM
Yesterday The Big Picture’s Barry Ritholtz challenged three other business/finance bloggers to start an “9/11 Options Grantee fund.”
Now we have their responses.
Larry Ribstein: “Clever ploy, Big Picture, but it doesn’t work.”
Steven Bainbridge: “Ditto.”
Eddy Elfenbein: “So Barry, but I won’t bite.”
Also, you can check what DealBreaker’s readers think of the post-9/11 options grant here.
The debate about 9/11 options grants just got more interesting. Over at the Big Picture, Barry Ritholtz lays down a challenge. He wants Professor Bainbridge, Larry Ribstein and Eddy Elfenbein—who have defended the grants—to put their money where the mouths are—in a 9/11 Options Grantee Fund.
Let’s assemble the 9/11 Options Grantee fund (that’s a catchier title than the “Apologist Fund”). Then, I propose that Bainbridge and Ribstein and Elfenbein put their actual money at risk with this collection of fine, fine human beings and outstanding corporate executives.
I say less talk, and more actual money at risk.
Its time for the chattering class to step up and prove they have the right stuff. Few things focus the mind like hard earned cash at actual risk. Under those circumstances, will the apologisms somehow become less glib than the what we have seen so far? (That’s my suspicion).
The Apologist’s Fund: a 9/11 Options Grantee Investment [The Big Picture]
Popularized in films like Limitless, legal smart drugs called Nootropics are becoming more and more prevalent in board rooms and on Wall Street.Keep reading »
Keep reading »
It’s not just doctors and scientists that need STEM education. America’s shifting economy is demanding more trained workers in many different sectors. See how Travis Brooks got the hands-on education he needed to become a technician at the Chevron Pascagoula Refinery. Visit The Atlantic to learn more.
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- 10 Reasons Wall Street Is Using Smart Drugs Crush Work
- Arizona State Now Has Multiple Business Schools To Choose From
- Ex-Jefferies Exec Convicted Of Fraud Has Bone To Pick With The Guy Who Turned Him In
- Ruble’s Historic Freefall, Russian Economic Collapse Not Fazing Vladimir Putin
- If You Stand Perfectly Still, Dan Loeb Cannot See You: Sony Execs
- Dealbreaker Dramatic Reading Night Returns Wednesday
- JOBS Act Helps Hedge Fund Raise Money Through Widespread Advertising
- Bonus Watch '14: Citigroup
- The Indomitable Dov Charney Strikes Again
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com