Also, he’d love to one day open a chain of supermarkets and call them “Snoopermarkets.”
- 02 Dec 2009 at 2:37 PM
Yesterday The Big Picture’s Barry Ritholtz challenged three other business/finance bloggers to start an “9/11 Options Grantee fund.”
Now we have their responses.
Larry Ribstein: “Clever ploy, Big Picture, but it doesn’t work.”
Steven Bainbridge: “Ditto.”
Eddy Elfenbein: “So Barry, but I won’t bite.”
Also, you can check what DealBreaker’s readers think of the post-9/11 options grant here.
The debate about 9/11 options grants just got more interesting. Over at the Big Picture, Barry Ritholtz lays down a challenge. He wants Professor Bainbridge, Larry Ribstein and Eddy Elfenbein—who have defended the grants—to put their money where the mouths are—in a 9/11 Options Grantee Fund.
Let’s assemble the 9/11 Options Grantee fund (that’s a catchier title than the “Apologist Fund”). Then, I propose that Bainbridge and Ribstein and Elfenbein put their actual money at risk with this collection of fine, fine human beings and outstanding corporate executives.
I say less talk, and more actual money at risk.
Its time for the chattering class to step up and prove they have the right stuff. Few things focus the mind like hard earned cash at actual risk. Under those circumstances, will the apologisms somehow become less glib than the what we have seen so far? (That’s my suspicion).
The Apologist’s Fund: a 9/11 Options Grantee Investment [The Big Picture]
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Christmas Come Early At Casa De Falcone
- Area Man Underestimates Just How Much Steve Cohen Hates His Ex-Wife
- Opening Bell: 11.25.14
- Former JP Morgan Employee Trades "Root Of All Evil" Gig For Extreme Water Sports
- Bonus Watch '14: Congrats On Being An Investment Banker
- Hedge Funds Great At Picking Absolutely The Worst Stocks This Year
- How Much Did Goldman Sachs Make For Losing Muammar Gaddafi $1.2 Billion?
- Restaurant Offering 35k Thanksgiving Dinner Just Saying Think About It
- Federal Prosecutors Don't Appreciate Former Jefferies Trader's Vivid Imagination
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com