Chairman Phillip Hampton will lead a search for a CEO successor and will consider both internal and external candidates, the bank said. It may be difficult to find a replacement given the political interference in how it is run, said Crispin Odey, whose London-based Odey Asset Management LLP oversees $9.5 billion. “The real problem for the government is that they’ve made the job look so unattractive that I can’t imagine who they are going to fill it with,” said Odey, who said he sold his RBS shares because of government meddling in the bank. [Bloomberg, earlier]
- 17 May 2012 at 1:47 PM
Boxing Coach Eric Kelly Would Call Wall Street Clients ‘Nerd POS Miscreants’ Even If He Wasn’t Getting PaidBy Bess Levin
Back in the day, Eric Kelly was a four-time National Amateur Boxing champion, who won the NYC Golden Gloves tournament twice, was ranked number one in the country and number four in the world. Then he took a pool cue to the eye and it ended his career. And while Kelly misses doing what he loves, some might say he currently has pretty, pretty sweet gig: teaching financial services hacks how to box by telling them how much they suck. Read more »
- Hedge Fund Manager Keeps A Detailed Record Of All The Asses He's Grabbed
- Bonus Watch '14: Congrats On Being An Investment Banker
- Bill Gross Reacts To George Soros's $500 Million Investment Like He's Been Awarded The Presidential Medal Of Freedom
- Steve Cohen Continues To Rid Firm Of Incentives For Employees To...Y'Know...
- Opening Bell: 11.21.14
- David Rubenstein Will Have Warren Buffett Know He's Not A Porn Shop Operator
- Mathew Martoma Is In Miami
- Goldman Sachs Is Smart
- Rich People Are People, Too
- Paulson, Soros Wouldn’t Mind Taking That Home Builder Off Spain’s Hands
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com