Chairman Phillip Hampton will lead a search for a CEO successor and will consider both internal and external candidates, the bank said. It may be difficult to find a replacement given the political interference in how it is run, said Crispin Odey, whose London-based Odey Asset Management LLP oversees $9.5 billion. “The real problem for the government is that they’ve made the job look so unattractive that I can’t imagine who they are going to fill it with,” said Odey, who said he sold his RBS shares because of government meddling in the bank. [Bloomberg, earlier]
- 17 May 2012 at 1:47 PM
Boxing Coach Eric Kelly Would Call Wall Street Clients ‘Nerd POS Miscreants’ Even If He Wasn’t Getting PaidBy Bess Levin
Back in the day, Eric Kelly was a four-time National Amateur Boxing champion, who won the NYC Golden Gloves tournament twice, was ranked number one in the country and number four in the world. Then he took a pool cue to the eye and it ended his career. And while Kelly misses doing what he loves, some might say he currently has pretty, pretty sweet gig: teaching financial services hacks how to box by telling them how much they suck. Read more »
- Every Sexual Harassment Allegation Against Fired Female HSBC Exec Is Worse Than The Last
- Jefferies Exec Details All The Places He's Never Mistaken For A Toilet
- Ken Griffin Introduces The Concept Of His Divorce Voice
- If You've Got Train Fare, UBS Has Got An Exciting Opportunity In Stamford For You
- George Soros's Daughter-In-Law Wants To See The Part Of The Pre-Nup Where She Isn't Entitled To Every Last Cent
- Goldman Sachs: Sex Discrimination Practices At The Bank Are A Lot More Nuanced Than Ex-Employees Are Making Them Out To Be
- Opening Bell: 10.23.14
- Steve Cohen Getting Ready To Celebrate 5th Anniversary Of Being Sued By Ex-Wife
- Opening Bell: 10.24.14
- Bill Ackman Is Onto You!
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com