As you may have heard, following the middle of night raid on Zuccotti Park by the NYPD, Occupy Wall Street protestors kicked things up a notch Thursday, with full-scale gatherings in downtown Manhattan, a rally outside the stock exchange and a march back to the Brookefield-owned place they call home. Things escalated quite quickly, with officers reportedly punching protestors (and journalists), sealing off the park and making arrests inside and, apparently, bloodying one man’s face and possibly also removing his pants, for some reason. One guy not affiliated with the police but who also had a bit of a confrontation with the demonstrators chose a less violent, more effective tack to get his point across. Read more »
- 27 Nov 2013 at 1:30 PM
The holiday season is nigh and you still haven’t shopped. While you’re dreaming only of sugar plum fairies bearing fat bonuses, you don’t the time to mingle with the riff raff at some big box nightmare. Dealbreaker is here to help. Behold the 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide, chockfull of descriptors like “custom,” “gourmet,” “housecleaning,” and “DB swag.”
Click through to check out all of our gift choices for the hardcore capitalist in your life.
- Wall Street Protests 2011: Snapple Guy Doesn't Take Shit Or Prisoners November 18, 2011
- Tommy Belesis Will Have To Wait At Least 1 Year Before Threatening To Hit Another Broker With His Car December 5, 2013
- The 2013 Dealbreaker Holiday Gift Guide November 27, 2013
- Swiss Banks Will Not Be Rushed Re: Deciding To Comply With U.S. On Tax Evasion December 5, 2013
- Layoffs Watch '14: Investment Banking December 4, 2013
- Marissa Mayer Is An Enigma, Wrapped In A Michael Kors Dress, Posing Upside Down On A Chaise Lounge December 5, 2013
- Greek-Focused Hedge Fund Doing Okay For Itself December 5, 2013
- Who Among Us Wouldn't Listen To A Guy Pitch An Investment Involving "Pay-Per-View Programming Starring Carmen Electra" And Proceed To Wire Him $195,000? December 5, 2013
- Write-Offs: 12.05.13 December 5, 2013
- Bonus Watch '13: Some Of You Are Going To Be Happy With The Number Your Boss Writes Down And Pushes Across The Table November 13, 2013
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com