Former Goldman Sachs employee Fabrice Tourre hasn’t had a great year. In August, a federal jury found him “liable on six of seven claims that he violated federal securities law by intentionally misleading investors,” in addition to “aiding and abetting an alleged fraud by Goldman.” In March, a judge ordered to pay $825,000 ($175,463 in gains related to the deal that investors were misled on, $650,000 in civil penalties). That same month, the University of Chicago, the place that Fab fled to after leaving Goldman Sachs to rebuild his life as an academic, decided it didn’t want him teaching it undergrads. So, things have been tough. But while he may not have the support of his ex-employer, the securities industry, Judge Katherine Forrest, or 100% of Chicago’s economics department faculty,1 he does have this: Read more »
- 28 Aug 2014 at 8:00 AM
Football is back, and 1-week fantasy juggernaut DraftKings.com is offering a guaranteed $5,000,000 in prizes.
DraftKings has a special offer for Dealbreaker readers—make a first time deposit and get free entry into a $100,000 contest.
Or if you’re a high roller, you can pay $200 to compete for $1,000,000 in prizes in the NFL Sunday Million contest.
So what is 1-week fantasy? On DraftKings, it’s simple. You draft a new team every time you want to play. Choosing from the list of available players, you pick the best possible team under DraftKings’ allotted salary cap. Payouts are instant and completely secure, and DraftKings is 100% legal.
Click on any of the links in this article to claim your free entry into the DraftKings $100,000 Week 1 contest.
- Fabrice Tourre Doesn't Need Your Pity June 16, 2014
- Swiss Bankers Suddenly Bashful About Listing "Sparkling Water," "Hooker For Client" On Expense Reports August 29, 2014
- Horror In The Hamptons: Rosé Shortage Edition August 27, 2014
- Every Second Of Jefferies CEO's Ice Bucket Challenge Is Better Than The Last August 27, 2014
- Kyle Bass Not Entirely Thrilled With Paul Singer At The Moment August 28, 2014
- Opening Bell: 08.28.14 August 28, 2014
- New Investment Vehicle Offers Promising Returns, High-Risk Of Saying "Screw It, I'm Drinking This" August 28, 2014
- Pay Hike Watch '14: Raises For Everyone (Under 25)! August 21, 2014
- You Now Have Two Ways To Evaluate Mortgage-Backed Securities August 29, 2014
- Prince Alwaleed's Son Did Not Fall Far From The Tree February 25, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com