Dealbook reports that Mary Schapiro has given official notice and come December 14th, she’s out of there. Names being floated as possible successors are said to include Sallie Krawcheck and the SEC’s director of enforcement, Robert Khuzami, but on the off-chance they’re not interested, want to throw yours or a loved one’s C.V. in the mix? Update: Apparently Obama plans to nominate Elisse Walter, an SEC commissioner and former FINRA VP, to take over. So you’ve probably got less of a shot at this point but anything can happen!
- Who Wants To Be Chair(wo)man Of The SEC? (Update) November 26, 2012
- I Have To Draw You: Reflections Of A Courtroom Illustrator April 15, 2014
- Hedge Funds Actually Riskier, Scarier Than Banks, Vladimir Putin, Earth-Bound Asteroids Combined April 15, 2014
- Sotheby's Thought More Highly of Dan Loeb's Art Expertise When He Wasn't Trying To Fire Its CEO April 15, 2014
- Tax Day Watch '14: The Travails of The 1% April 15, 2014
- This Cinco de Mayo, Take A Bath With Warren Buffett April 14, 2014
- Phil Falcone & Co. Still Not Sorry About Trying To Screw Over Charlie Ergen April 15, 2014
- Bill Gross Doesn't Understand Why El-Erian Won't Just Be A Man, Defend Himself, And Violate His NDA April 11, 2014
- Layoffs Watch '14: Citi April 14, 2014
- Indicted Hedge Fund Manager Wasn't Going To Let A Little Wire Fraud, Money Laundering, Identity Theft Charges Keep Him From Doing What He Loves April 14, 2014
- Executive Editor
- Bess Levin
How Can We Help You?
- Send tips to:
- For tech issues email:
- For advertising or events email:
- For research or custom solutions email:
- Dealbreaker is published by Breaking Media.
For a full list of our sites, services and staff visit breakingmedia.com